Nick At Nite Orders 80-Episode Telenovela with JFP and Josh Griffith

• Members

Jackie, Tyler, Chloe, and Lily are all peas in a pod who don't seem to see anything wrong with themselves but can see it in each other. They don't even try to make Lily seem like any kind of reporter. She just goes with whatever Tyler and Chloe tell her. It's pretty much the same with the detective who gets all her information from Tyler and gets snippy with Max.

Elle is likely to be fine because strangely enough, they've made her the most astute character on the show. With one exception early on, she's not been snowed by Don's lies at all and she spells exactly what he's up to. I just wonder if they';; give her character any kind of wrap up or whether she'll just never be shown again once whatever goes down with Don happens. He's going to get caught in whatever he's planning and since they're all drama happy now, Phil will likely get blamed for whatever it is That whole Colorado thing ended too smoothly for Phil so I can see that detective assuming that since he covered for Don before that he was either in cahoots with him and/or saw a way to rid Ms. Whatevs of Daddy Dearest.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I said previously, she;s the most astute character on the show. She's shown character progression in that regard because she went from being gone on Don to seeing what he was really about and not pining away waiting and hoping she could be his scraps. I just don't like that she had to antagonize Nora and their relationship could not have remained intact with Nora ultimately seeing what Ellie said was true. Nora's still completely clueless and considering how it was broadcast early on that Max and Nora would be together, what was that detour with Don even about? Right now it seems as if the plan was to give Don somewhat of a heart (which should have been accomplished using his daughter instead) so that they could have this whole dramatic scene where Don either dies or gets seriously injured trying to save Nora from his backfired plans to kill Ellie and I guess get insurance money from his clinic going up in flames.

To me, they have now entered that territory where you and your friends watch just to laugh at and point out all the incredibly ridiculous things going on such as:

• Television producer contacting Mel because of that montage video and offering her a position in exchange for more footage (maybe that could happen) but his coming to her house alone to see her alone...no Lisa
  • New framed photo of Loren and Eddie on his piano but none of them in her room--like how Don and Nora's relationship got a conveniently framed photo for him to stare at angrily,,,,,where's the one of Nora and Max hidden?
  • A round trip to Ojai didn't take that long at all....you'd think it was ten minutes away
  • Tyler's lip is cut in exactly the same place that it was cut after the first joke of a fight he had with Eddie....the people in makeup aren't that imaginative when it comes to fights and I don't even think Eddie's fists met Tyler's face
  • Loren still hasn't seen the message that Eddie left her.....did the writers forget about that?
  • Max still hasn't seen those glasses Dylan left on his balcony yet he knows Dylan was looking for Chloe (something that must've taken place off screen)
  • The police detective is incompetent....what else is new?
  • Eddie's been dead two days and his record company has already released a bunch of his demos.....how'd they even get those tracks in the first place? I guess it's a digital release only.
  • Are those creepy siblings wanna be singers?
  • Eddie said he was going to sleep and that girl found it logical to start singing loudly in the other room?
  • So let me get this straight, Eddie's been dead for two days, record company released the demos posthumously the next day and there are already stacks of unfavorable magazine reviews?

The only reason I can see for those season 2 campaigners is they must really love Eddie and Loren so blindly that the only thing that matters to them is that those two are on their screen together so they can ooooooh.

• Members

I sometimes put too much thought into things especially if I'm looking at a show or movie from a writing perspective. I am convinced that one day I will come across a show or movie (not matter how dreadful the script) where the writer(s) put energy into being consistent and wasn't sloppy with the details. I see it as a sign of not dismissing the audience's intelligence.

I notice things without giving it any thought and over the years friends and I have laughed about some of the absurd things we've seen on shows that are due to sloppy writing or sloppy editing. Soaps are full of them like doors that are unlocked and locks that open without keys.

Most of the stuff I listed above was instantly noticeable to me. My mind just works that way.

• Members

You are absolutely correct.

Most won't notice. But aren't the things we see as typical soap partially the result of sloppy writing and poor attention to detail based on the idea that viewers have a short attention span and won't notice anyway? We basically say that soap writing is sub-standard anyway so the reality is that there is no reason to complain about soaps and the writing because it's typical. Nothing needs to make sense, people return from the dead, etc. and every bit of absurdity and sloppiness the audience accepts encourages writers to not put forth that much effort because the audience is pretty easy to please. They'll watch anyway and they'll watch just about anything.

Everything I listed is more or less funny to me in the ha ha sense not the oh my gosh they are underestimating my intelligence or the I'm peeved they missed that sense. I know it's kind of sad and wrong that writers would churn out this stuff that's half plausible and half sloppy then hope it's successful so that they can churn out even more rubbish but they have been training generations to embrace mediocrity for years. So since they've gone from being bad t.v. to super bad t.v. with that little dash of hope mixed in then I'm just doing what they've trained me to do. I'm embracing and pretending it's worthy of the same amount of attention as a cinematic masterpiece. It's kind of fun.

• Members

VirginiaHamilton,

You will probably like today's episode. There is plenty of Ellie and I am guessing you'll enjoy her scenes.

The episode is actually one of their best overall. They addressed something that I mentioned was hanging in a previous post.

And they made one of the filler stories I found pointless less pointless with a twist.

Plus there are plenty of fangurl moments for eeeeeeeing or squeeeing however that goes. I'm having a moment just thinking about it. I don't know if I would've kept watching this if I couldn't see it early online and skip over Adriana and Phil or Adam.

• Members

I cannot really come up with a word for this except to say that people are definitely special.

So Don plots Ellie's murder and goes into the clinic to plant evidence to implicate Phil, yet I've seen a bunch of complaints about how Ellie killed Adrianna's father and how Ellie should have died for her jealousy, treating Nora poorly, and for blackmailing Don. They conveniently forget that the blackmail came after he threatened to fire her after blaming her for a robbery his daughter and her boyfriend committed.

It's not clear what her intent was in knocking him out but since he meant to kill her, she saved herself.

Bravo! They finally had Lily tell Max the truth without making it a long painful drawn out ordeal. Will Chloe revert to her standard "that's crazy" or "that's insane" as the go to lie/diversion? In exchange for Chloe vindicating Eddie, Max will probably let them all go back to Fresno without paying for what they did to Katie.

• Members

I did enjoy seeing Ellie, though I do agree that I wished that she'd have left Nora out of her beef with Don. Although, I was never quite sure if Ellie/Nora were the best of friends (as was implied in the beginning of this show) or work friends (as they implied from the minute that she started putting the screws on Don).

• Members

Ellie does not really seem the genuine friend type. She and Kelly would have been special work mates since they both have "motives." They over make Kelly' in a goth way. What an annoying character. She comes from wherever to take her best friend's husband and I have no idea what Traci did to her to make her treat her so cruelly.....not enough episodes or flat out don't care about that part.

So Xander from Buffy is an arson investigator and Horatio's nemesis from CSI Miami is a homicide/robbery detective assigned to Phil.

Whenever I come across pleas for a second season to "wrap things up." I;m like huh.png I am sure all the lovely Eddie and Loren moments are on clips. Just press rewind.

Nora may be a good mother but she's sooo dumb or maybe she's just too passive. Her mind doesn't seem to imagine anything which involves people not being decent and honest.

Next week is the end of the road but for some reason the t.v. schedule shows the beginning episodes. It has to be a mistake because I cannot imagine that they'd show all 75 episodes over again before they show the five remaining ones.

I really just want to know if everyone finds out that Dylan pushed Chloe and if those eedjits Chloe and Tyler are going to pay in some way other than going to their dreaded birthplace Fresno (apparently the worst place on earth but for California, I would understand Bakersfield a little better or Indio or....).

Fangurls are the best---eeeee Eddie's alive....go to Loren.....eeeee I can't wait for them to finally be together I've been losing sleep.....uhn I'm going to kill that Leah girl if she tries to keep Eddie from Loren....uhn that B thinks she can just roll up on Eddie like that and make him forget his one true love--who does that trick think she is?....Oh oh the Little House on the Prairie siblings kidnapped my Eddie.....He's dreaming about Loren....I can't stop crying.....

On a different note, I am surprised that they finally employed a flashback. I would think that when you're separated from your true love you would either remember the last time you saw each other or remember some time you were together. Instead these people just hallucinate and dream of each other in clothes I never saw them in before.

frequentsoapfan---this is all in jest.

• Members

I want to add how glad I am that they are about to stop endlessly looping how Eddie would have wanted that. People die on movies and soaps just so everyone else can do things and claim that's what the dead would have wanted. If I ever write anything and kill a character, I guarantee that no one will care what said dead character would have wanted.

The magnificent thing about Eddie is that he can teach a girl a lot about life in a couple of months or so. I would have bumped up the graduation so that there would be no useless high school scenes after Eddie "died." In fact were any of those high school scenes ever useful. Loren was never with Cameron so having that many scenes where he lost out to the rock star had to be overkill.

Maybe the funniest scene of this week's episode was Max saying Eddie and Loren were in love and Chloe disputing that and insisting that it was just a big brother protector thing. Delusional to the millionth power may not be funny but in this case that's all there is. Chloe could have been an excellent layered character who was tormented by her guilt and unintentionally fell in love with the son of the woman she accidentally killed. For some reason, Chloe just comes across as bad and nothing deeper. Throwing pathological and delusional in doesn't stretch her.

Loren and Eddie aren't interesting but they're cute for the eeeeeing loving being in love. Fangurls want a bf just like Eddie. Writing wise I am glad they didn't ever have him conclude that his feelings for Chloe were not real. No need for that I thought I loved her business. The I loved her but now I don't works well because soaps don't always need to invalidate one emotion in order to make another more real. They also scored by having the connection start on twitter and it being ongoing without it being about his falling for her and ditching Chloe. They made it plausible that he would fall for Loren so soon after kicking Chloe to the curb.

• Members

This show went an entire 75 episodes with only one promo so now that there are five episodes left the most logical step is a new promo. This is not worth another thread and most of this is predictable including the answers to the not even close to suspenseful questions?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VkAW3rp8Wqs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The only thing I wondered was whether the Fresno eedjits were going to get away with Katie's death without having to pay because things have been set up to make Chloe look as if she's not only going to continue to get away with killing someone but also going to make it so that Eddie ends up in prison for attempted murder. Now I do think she will end up getting caught and Eddie will either be vindicated or the show will at least end leading in the direction of his being exonerated.

I don't care what happens to Phil but I guess they will come up with some way to clear him as well though since they put him back in crime land, what's the point? Maybe they'll come up with videotape showing Don planting the evidence against Phil and Ellie knocking him out. The fact that she went out of her way to cast doubt on Nora makes it seem as if she's got a reward unless they leave her a loose end.

I don't care about Jake and Traci. If they want to wrap that up then Traci will just ask for a divorce. Loren should have fired Kelly.

Archived