Nick At Nite Orders 80-Episode Telenovela with JFP and Josh Griffith

• Members

That's how it seemed to me as well. It looked as if Kelly was devious and had some sort of plan to take over Jake's business. Now she's all "I can't take losing you and my job." But then she had no job until her friend suggested husband Jake give her one. When that Chicago job offer came up, I thought it was going to lead to Traci laying the groundwork for moving but instead she became overly paranoid and insecure yet there she is with Tyler knowing he's trouble. They're all over the map with that and since that marriage is apparently built on a crumbling frame then put it out of its misery.

You know my biggest complaint has been about Chloe. I do find her remotely entertaining because she exists in her own delusional world where winning back Eddie makes sense. I just wish they would have already gotten it out in the open and this last month of episodes would have dealt with the aftermath. What do you think of the Chloe angle?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really enjoyed Chloe at first not so much as she grew more and more delusional and they went in this weird overly obsessed with Eddie direction. When it was Chloe wanting Eddie for his money only while being with her lover Tyler it was much better than this lvoe of Eddie that came out of nowhere.

Speaking of campy teen novelas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBMQH14yakc&feature=related

I saw some of the original as well as this remake and while both were crappy I found the remake to be much more overexaggerated. And it was interesting how stuff that was shocking on one was not shocking on the other because the original had real teen actors and the remake didn't.

• Members

Personally, I think that Eddie/Chloe should have broken up over the secret that she accidently killed his mother in the hit and run accident. He becomes withdrawn and the only person he can open up to is Loren.. thus solidifying their connection and then eventually that connection leads to love. Meanwhile, Chloe is being charged while going completely over the edge and becoming crazy. She becomes determined to break up Eddie/Loren while viewing Loren as the reason for her unhappiness.. while blackmailing Tyler to help her with her scheme.

Kelly/Traci/Jake: I think it would have been better to have Kelly become a power-hungry bitch determined to stead Jake's business as a way to hurt her best friend Traci, who she secretly is jealous of for having everything that she doesnt. I mean the girl came to town unemployed and was bunking with Traci/Jake .. plus there was one conversation Traci/Kelly had over college and how Kelly couldnt forsee herself being unemployed while Traci is successful with a hot husband.

Melissa: I actually like the family angle the best out of all the filler story. However, we are 60 + episodes into the show and no mention of her father, or who he is?

Personally, I think that 80 episodes was not enough time to fully pace and develop these plotlines. Most typical telenovelas are usually around 120 episodes or so. Just as the show is wrapping up, we are now getting to Loren's secret admirer... who may or may not be someone from her mother Nora's past??

• Members

Someone apparently loved the Killer Chloe idea so much that he or she could not see dropping it for the sake of better story telling. Had it been a part of the original telenovela they would not have such a problem with the direction of it.

ITA that the cheating with Tyler angle was sufficient. They could have kept Chloe around plotting to get Eddie back because of her obsession with the lifestyle and status. Or if they really couldn't part with the brilliance of Killer Chloe then they had plenty of time in the first 20 episodes to show her haunted by the fact that she was responsible for killing Eddie's mother and then have the secret come out along with the fact that she was cheating on Eddie. I'll just repeat my feeling that once Eddie moved on the secret was devalued. Sure it will upset him but not in the same way it would have at the time he was still with Chloe.

I think that less episodes might have forced them into tighter more focused writing. There are a bunch of throw away and repetitive scenes that could have been eliminated. And I am not sure what purpose waiting until now to have Loren's dad attempt contact with her makes. It's kind of like overloading the tail end when there was sufficient time to develop some of these angles.

• Members

I don't remember BU filling out her jeans like that on OLTL. ph34r.png

Tyler is annoying, I feel like Chloe is accidentally going to run over him too.

LOL @Melissa plain as day recording Kelly and dude talking through the crack in the door. Soap folks never have peripheral vision.

• Members

I am glad they finally ended the sham tha was Don and Nora. That was a complete waste since it was not remotely entertaining and did nothing to advance any of the plots except the getting the song in the contest, which did not require a full blown relationship.

On the surface, Kelly actually seems a whole lot worse than Chloe (since it's obvious Chloe is delusional and blatantly selfish). I should probably take that back because Chloe was standing there thinking Eddie thought she killed his mother and she still somehow thought she could explain it all away and make him take her back. But Kelly is still a two-faced piece of work. I especially liked that whole line about not being able to recognize Loren when she was through with her. Maybe it will be interesting to see whether or not Loren stands up for herself because I doubt Melissa will get around to telling her what she videotaped any time soon.

Some of this drama that they've loaded on to the back end of the series should have been used up front to capture an audience out of the gate.

I noticed they aired yesterday's episode twice and that they are airing the next two episodes on Saturday and Sunday as well. They're probably trying to fill their schedule until they start airing the next installment of the neverending DeGrrassi.

• Members

Degrassi was ruined long ago and they should ended it once the original Degrassi Next Generation teens graduated.

Ita that the drama needed to be spread out better. I also thought Phil's drama ended a little too easy. I thought for sure he'd end up shot at least.

Dr. Sleeps around his Office just can't quit. Hoeing himself out to try and get out Ellie's demands.

Eddie's trying to manage Loren's career because his is losing steam.

• Members

Because of the way that they've back loaded the drama, I think that something else will probably occur to create problems for Phil or that he will do something to get himself in trouble. I also get the feeling that they are dangling three words like a golden carrot in the way that Chloe's secret is. It's supposed to make up for whatever annoyance they may cause leading up to it.

Don knows no shame. I love how Phil is a criminal and he's just a really good man who loves his daughter. He's unlikely to be shot by Colorado so either that loan shark will injure him or he'll hatch some scheme or scam that will backfire on him in some way. Even if they thought they were getting another season, I cannot imagine that he'd still be around since his only connection now is to Adrianna. Maybe he'll do something that will end up falling on Phil.

Ryan Sypek's twice provided a bit of comic relief. I liked that silly exchange he had with delusional Chloe. She was kind of funny for most of that episode--especially her defiance as if she just knew she'd get hold of that phone or obviously explain to Eddie how killing his mother wasn't her fault and she's the real victim.

Just as I didn't get the whole Eddie is the biggest pop star ever, I don't get how some melancholy unreleased songs could have him on the downside of his career. I don't see how the one song is any worse than his pop fizz air song. Of course I didn't hear any of the other three or four songs that makes his fans want to get into the fetal position and die.

Anyway I think he's done micro-managing Loren's career because he doled out that bit of advice that was like foreshadowing along with both expressing at separte times that they have all the time in the world.

This one day that began on Tuesday is sure to go another three or four episodes. Unless they do what they have not so far and advance time, Loren is going to have about several days (13 episodes) to become that mega star that we've been told she's about to become.

• Members

She looked familiar then I realized she played Ty's mother on Heartland. Maybe she'll be back but I kind of got the feeling that she sent Mel her camera because she might have been about to slip. They mentioned her phone being disconnected as well but I guess she might reappear. Lisa has been more tolerable since the secret came out because there's no reason for her to nag Mel anymore.

I don't think Eddie has gotten to there yet. I think the whole dredging up of his mother's death is the thing that's being weighing most heavily on him. I appreciated the fact that they didn't have him play right into Lily's hands in that text message scene. When he asked why Loren would do that and she started her whole immature fan bit, I thought they might have him doubting but I am glad that they only used it as a reason for prolonging Chloe's secret. Tyer's too contradictory.

Some viewers who think this is the bestest show ever ever ever have an online petition requesting a second season (some will apparently die if they don't continue this bit of television magic) and one of them asked a writer on the show about a second season and got this response:

"It doesn’t look good for S2. The fans have been so great, but Nick & Sony probably need bigger ratings. You never know though."

So the plan is to keep tweeting because hope was given.

• Members

I saw some episodes with her playing Heather. This makes the second thing I've seen her in without recognizing her. When I looked her up I noticed she was in a movie I saw on Hallmark which first aired as A Valentine's Date and more recently I've seen it air as the title of a song from the movie, Your Love Never Fails.

Not including her, I've recognized Ryan Sypek (Wildfire), Chico Benymon, and Josie Davis from various Lifetime movies.

I know 18 is still a teen but it's also a legal adult and I don't recall ever hearing an 18 year old claim to be just a teenager. I know I didn't see it that way. Loren is a pushover. Three more weeks to graduate and she's on the verge of flaking. It's funny how when Eddie suggested she quit, she had reasons why she needed to finish but bossy Kelly could probbly tell her she needed to quit and she'd go along with her. Maybe Nora will get a let's be reasonable scene with her before she becomes the three-headed musical hybrid.

• Members

More back loaded drama.

Eddie was pretty smart until he bought Chloe's lie about Tyler. It seems to me that she was pretty much trying to excuse herself when he caught on that it was excessive for a phone hacking apology and still he managed to be duped yet again.....much to my dismay because I could have done without that pathetic fight and Tyler's stab at making out humor.

Guy pushes Chloe over the balcony and somehow Eddie will be to blame because of his chain. No one will notice the two glasses ever.....just the chain that proves Eddie is guilty because Tyler will fabricate some story about crazy Eddie and the police will believe every word he says....the end.

Archived