The Decline and Fall of the Kardashian Empire

quartermainefan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What pisses me off more than anything is shows like this are preferred by the masses more than intelligent shows to watch. Scripted dramas with good, solid premises that don't get a shot by networks because they'd rather go for the easy stuff.

I won't look down at people who watch reality. That's your choice. Approaching it from a soap perspective, I always say "Just remember, a show like this is one less chance for your favorite soap star or ex-soap star to get primetime work." :)

• Members

are bot of you biracial? Its not so much that she looks nothing like her siblings, but that she doesnt look anything like their father. She looks like a white girl with no ounce of Armenian blood in her. Its hard to tell with the girls now after all the work and surgery they've gotten, but its quite apprent in their childhood pictures that Kim and Kourtney are at least mixxed with something and that stems from their father's strong Armenian features. Khloe doesnt have that. She stands out and this is long before she grew a foot taller than them

• Members

Scripted television will always be better in terms of quality then these reality shows. You can enjoy these disastrous reality shows as much as you want. That doesn't mean they generally aren't poor substitutes for a well thought out and meaningful scripted show.

• Members

Bullshit.

There is no way any daytime soap opera was higher quality in any way in the past decade - production, writing, staging, acting, promotion, story - than The Hills.

And a well done reality show trumps cheap looking shows with badly done plots like poisoned pancakes, unaborted babies, undead characters, etc played out by actors who checked out or never could act. The elitism soap fans are showing is astounding. What is being said about reality shows is what has been soap operas foreve - things soap fans claim to be untrue. I am not talking about cheap reality shows here either, shows like Kardashians, The Hills, Laguna Beach, The Real Housewives, these reality shows are all around well done. You may not like them, you may hate that they are replacing crappy scripted series, but that doesnt mean they are bad, cheap, stupid shows for idiots as has been implied by many in this thread. Though, that may be hard to see from a moral high horse of watching "smart" programming.

Also, news flash - not every show needs to be a smart, educational view point on society. The point of TV is to entertain. This whole notion of "smart tv" and soap operas somehow either being included or exempt is... well, stupid.

• Members

You never heard me say soap operas were smart TV. My favorite OLTL story was Eterna. And as dumb as that story was it was still better than the staged fights and overly chatty interview room segments where teary women pretend to be upset about everything and anything for the camera.

Which as yet there is no such thing. The real houswives are neither real nor housewives. Real housewives don't star on Glee.

Archived