DAYS: Another murder mystery?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's just it, in this day of instant communication how can anyone miss the fact that names do not drive a show, returns often end up being universally panned and good stories are the only thing that keeps people interested.

Sadly, for the Vivian/Carly dynamic, they FINALLY had something different with the potential Carly/Quinn which would have turned that dynamic on its head, and that power was dropped for this???

Chloe, after years of not-so-good stuff was finally having meaningful scenes with Brady that could have lead somewhere, and instead we've got Madison???

Hope and Bo did deal with Zack (as much as parents ever can) but now it's being brought up again basically for Marlena to have her fingers in yet another story, for what???

Alice's legacy is hanging on by a thread with all these half-baked "mysteries" and we're supposed to buy that "Gran" was messing with people's lives to this extent? Really????

The DiMeras are interested in legalized political power? Why???

All of this feels like someone's fanfiction rather than mature stories thought up by people who know how to spin a yarn.

• Members

The ratings went DOWN. I didn't watch Days during the "dark ages". Without Marlena, there's no point to Days of Our Lives. And from the casting news I remember, Days brought on a lot of newcomers to fill the void of Jarlena. Nobody wants newbies, we want vets!

The Austin/Abby stuff is insulting. I'm not sure why the new writers have their hate on against Carrie/Austin fans.

Oh well, my faves are back and Higley is gone. Days is finally turning back into the good soap it used to be.

• Members

The shoe is on the other foot now. Those who are hating the show now but enjoyed it during the Dark Ages when John and Marlena were off-screen now know how I felt. Days is my favorite soap left on the air, so I am allowed to be happy that it has transformed into a show worth watching again.

• Members

BINGO. What this show lacks is balance. It's better than it was in the fall, but there are still times when the show relies too much on one story.

Look, people are entitled to dislike characters. What some people have to realize is that for every person who hates a character, there are five or six who like that character.

I'm just worried about the overall numbers. Like someone pointed out on another thread, Frankie's death turned out to be the nail in the coffin for Another World. Dixie's "death" cost AMC a ton of viewers. Days best not try another stunt like this because eliminating the wrong person could bring down the entire structure.

• Members

I have a lot of problems with the show as it is right now, and I really did it love it in 2009 post-J&M's exit, but I cannot see how anyone thinks that Marlena and John have eaten the show alive. They're on a totally reasonable amount. And a lot of Marlena's recent airtime has been in the Will/Sami story, while John is involved with Brady at the moment. The stories could stand to be more dramatic, but this is exactly how any vets should be used.

Archived