DAYS: Another murder mystery?

• Members

SOD says in the "Stuff we know and shouldn't tell you" column that there may be another murder mystery at Days and the identity of the person(s) may be shocking.

This is one viewer who thinks Days best leave that type of story alone, IMO. Yes, the cast may be a bit too big, but I also think there shouldn't be any cuts made. You can argue the loss of Nadia, Crystal and Louise may have negatively impacted the show's ratings.

I do know one thing: I would stop watching if the wrong characters were written off. Days, you don't want to lose a 25-plus year viewer. I suspect there would be more viewers behind me too.

Discuss. :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CSI, Closer, and a host of other shows do it better. I'm with Tony Geary - soaps should stick to their strengths and allow the characters to bleed over a story FIGURATIVELY speaking.

On the flip side, I'm sure a lot of viewers can come up with lists of people to kill off, but why bother? Days has been bringing back too many people and now to risk killing any one of them would set the show in an even worse direction than it is right now.

• Members

Oh, there's people already frothing at the mouth with who to off... EJ, Rafe... this show can't afford to lose any characters at the moment. You've got the most tight-knit young cast, you've brought back a lot of good returnees... why throw it all up in the air now for a plot that may cost you a good chunk of audience?

• Members

DAYS has been so heavy on the love triangles, romance, and family stories since the reboot that I think they need to do something like this. The show has almost become unbearable to watch because of how boring it is. It lacks any kind of action, any kind of reason to make you want to keep watching. Maybe some crime, suspense, and mystery would get people watching again.

• Members

<p>I always thought they had brought Quinn back so they'd have someone to kill off in a Colin Murphy-esque murder mystery. If that's the case, I'm all for it. His presence is beyond ridiculous.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

• Members

But who can they really loose who isn't integrated well into a story? Stefano? Abe? Roman?

Personally, if I was to do it I would have Marlena killed once and for all - mind you that would just give permission for more Sami. (and the flip side being if they kill Sami that means more Marlena, so there isn't any win in this one).

• Members

If they made Stefano a truly evil villain again, a whodunnit? murder mystery would be awesome. But Stefano hasn't been threatening in about a decade, and in the past 5 years he's become more watered-down than ever. Stefano shouldn't have diabetes, for God's sake, he should be kidnapping his Queen of the Night!

• Members

Oh HELL NO!!! Why would they bring Austin back just to kill him off and piss off the Aurrie fans? I'd instantly stop watching. I didn't watch Days during the five years Carrie and Austin were off-screen, and I'd definitely never watch again if they killed off Austin and wrecked my favorite couple.

• Members

why not. Soaps are supposed to be an ensemble cast and if its not someone that draws interest or drives story why bother. I think ej is the most interesting prospect but I don't see DOOL doing it unless somehow Stefano stuffs him in his lab and brings him back to life. ej right now is the one and only catalyst on this show at the present so they really could not afford to lose him.

Archived