OLTL: Discussion for the week January 2

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Powell story had huge potential, but they fucked it up so badly. And TSJ phoned it the [!@#$%^&*] in from start to finish, frankly.

Also, killing Talia was bullshit when they simply could've sent her off with Antonio. Nor do I remotely believe that Carlo Hesser would have left anyone involved alive upon hearing about that. I would've found time to wrap up the Carlo thread this past fall, I might add - he's still out there, and Antonio left town to join a federal task force to hunt for him. I would have had them close the book on Carlo by having Antonio and the LPD put him away, and find Talia alive and well, hidden in Carlo's custody. Happy ending for the Vegas.

• Members

Well Lorraine Broderick is on the writing team, so... ;) (Someone said, though I doubt they'd know--that that's one reason so much of this Jailbreak has referenced her brief run with Chris Whitesall--ie most of the comebacks, the memory erasing seyrum, etc---but she didn't join the writing team till late oct right?)

Agreed, I'm really rally enjoying this week--even with my quibbles, but I'd kinda worry what the fallout for the next three months would have been on the online version (though I *am* sad I won't know...)

Ha I had two during the show--which is fairly often by my standards...

• Members

OK sorry for all that--I had to watch late tonight after work, and then catch up :P So glad daily threads are starting

Terrific episode, like everyone said. I know the common thought is it should always be like this, but I think this just shows what RC does well (except he is doing in spades here) and any serious denoument or cooling down time--which is needed on any daily soap--would suck. Still I need to stop complaining about questions (is Blair still sleeping? And Addie passed out? etc)

I don't have much else to add except I HOPE (and sadly doubt) Ford is the main murder--I have a feeling not everyone died in every place a shot rang out. I do have a bad feeling Lindsay was somehow hit though...

• Members

I think it was Mitch and he framed Jared for it?

No. Back in summer 2003, Troy snapped and started attaking several women. He tried to kill Jen, Lindsay, Gabrielle and Nora and did kill at least some random extras. This predates the Music Box Killings which happened several months later that year

Archived