Chelsea Lately/After Lately Thread

Cheap21

• Members

I think it depends on the subject matter or the people involved. She's a comedian so would probably see it as absurd.

The one with Rashida Jones was pretty good. The one with Christina Applegate was too, although overwrought. Kelly Clarkson had an episode a few weeks ago that struck the right balance.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AlsX5QX.jpg

LMAO at Chuy being replaced by a head of lettuce for an episode.

Anyone watch back when Loni hosted when Nelly was on? The poem Chuy said to her at the end was good.. "Now I hope Ms. Chelsea never comes back, because after today I prefer my woman black" :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Chelsea's manager says she's leaving E when her contract is up at the end of the year. She has said she's pretty sick of the network anyway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2592890/Chelsea-Handlers-manager-confirms-late-night-host-leaving-E-end-2014.html

I have to wonder if she blames them for some of her own career downturn. She mostly gets publicity now for racial "humor" and recycled jokes about Angelina Jolie. What she's done to her face doesn't help.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I think she still has a good chance at a good career, but somewhere along the way the story became about her (she loves to drink, who is she dating, she hates Angelina Jolie, she hates everything, etc.) and that doesn't really end very well for most comedians. The whole jaded, "truth-telling" persona is a dime a dozen today - there needs to be more, especially when it just becomes generic, frozen-faced sourness. There are other comedians out there who already fill this role and have been filling it much longer than she has.

I wish she could regroup somewhat, as she was a lot of fun on Girls Behaving Badly.

• Members

I agree with Carl. I really used to enjoy her but she's not at all like she used to be, IMO. I lost interest in her show on E! a while ago and I used to make sure I watched it. I still like her a lot though but something's different. I think she's becoming a bit too hard. It's clear she wasn't enjoying it as much, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived