Interacial couples

• Members

Obviously the most famous examples of inter-racial couples are probably Cruz and Eden on Santa Barbara and Duncan and Jessica on ATWT but who was the first inter-racial pairing? Who exactly was the first inter-racial pairing between an African-American man and white woman? A number of such pairings, most notably Neil and Victoria on Y&R went down in flames in the 90s for a number of reasons.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The first interracial couple on soaps was one on Days of Our Lives.

Other than a pairing on Port Charles that I have seen a few posters discuss, I cannot think of any other. Hank and Nora on OLTL were never a couple onscreen, but really are the only pairing of a black man and a white woman that actually were written as being married at all.

• Members

Y&R. Phil Morris played a cop who went undercover as a white man and fell in love with the daughter of the local gangster. When she found out he was really black, she broke up with him not because of his color, but because he had lied to her for all that time. Morris went on to say that the role really took a serious toll on him.

• Members

Wasn't there a storyline on OLTL in the 60s that had a biracial woman who could pass for white dating both a white man and a black man? That was one of Agnes Nixon's stories, I think.

AMC briefly paired Cliff with Angie, and they had Livia marry Tom in the 1990s. Noah and Julia were married in the 90s as well. I think every member of the younger Santos generation hooked up with or married someone who was not Hispanic. Reggie dated Joni for a little while, but I don't recall that really going anywhere. Erica briefly dated Samuel Woods in 2008 or so.

Archived