GH: New Co-Headwriter Announced

• Webmaster

Seems like we are all on the same page here. While I doubt it means this is ABC's way of saying they're trying to do everything they can to save the show (especially if nothing actually changes), but it does indicate that Carlivati was definitely heading over as Co-HW (who would go from HW on one show to Script Writer on another anyway???).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you're right. Also explains why JFP was so supportive of Ron going to PP. She saw her chance to make a FOJ co-HW instead.

I'm curious to see what difference, if any, Altman makes. Thus far she she only executed other writers' visions (or lack thereof, in several cases at AW). It will be interesting to see what kind of writer she is.

• Administrator

I hope she won't be as bad as the last FOJ Head Writer, Megan McTavish. I'm glad to see her get a shot at Co-HW instead of bringing in a recycled HW.

I wonder what this means fro Wolf. He's probably sweating it right now.

Yup.

• Members

GW's GH reminds me of Wes Kenney's GH after Monty left circa 1986 after all the action-adventure stuff had begun to become tiresome. There was a push to make the show more realistic, but it ended up being a crashing bore. I know I'm comparing a HW vs a EP, but the transition from Guza to Wolfe reminds me of the Monty-Kenney pass-off.

• Members

Oh wow I don't even watch GH but now I feel sorry for GH fans knowing the kiss of death is writing for the show.

Amazingly I forgot Phelps was still at GH I really haven't heard her talked about for the past few years. Last I even seen her interviewed was someone asking her about GL's cancellation and her making some unnecessary crass but truthful remarks about GL's downfalls

• Members

It's even more jarring considering some of the soap writers most reviled on this board were women.

I really don't think ABC is trying to save GH. Unfortunately, the writing seems to be on the wall and rumors of imminent cancellation are already swirling. I think ABC is just placating people until they are ready to admit that they are getting rid of their last soap.

Archived