GH: New Co-Headwriter Announced

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gh-backstage-news-exclusive

GH Backstage News Exclusive!

By SOD • Posted: Oct 24, 2011

Digest has learned that Shelly Altman has been named co-Head Writer of GENERAL HOSPITAL, effective immediately. She will work alongside current Head Writer Garin Wolf. An Emmy winner herself, Altman has worked on ONE LIFE TO LIVE and ANOTHER WORLD, among other television projects. She's also been nominated for Best Writing by the Writer's Guild of America. Welcome aboard!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One would think so. However, the Executive Producer of this show is a woman and we've all seen the misogyny under her leadership. I wouldn't count on any significant changes with this co-headwriter. If ABC was truly interested in saving GH, they would fire Jill Faren Phelps and I don't see that happening.

• Members

It is just so strange how Guza had abysmal ratings with a steady decline for ten years and no one cared, this guy has been at it 3 months and already he is halfway out the door.

according to wiki she held this position

Another World

• Associate Head Writer: 1995 - 1999

so, does that bode well for GH? Anyone remember AW from this time?

• Members

JFP drained any personality out of Lorna and turned her into a receptacle for FOJ John Bolger. It was good, in the long run, for Robin Christopher's bank account, but not great for the character.

I hadn't heard Shelly Altman's name in a long time. What was her last soap credit? Maybe I just wasn't looking for her.

AW was all over the place in its last years. I can't say she did anything to bring it stability.

JFP needs to go, but then, even if she does, Frons is still there.

Archived