Days: Daniel SPUMOR

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would say his acting, as he was the same on ATWT. I wouldn't say every leading man is like that, just those who can't act or don't want to act.

I thought Mike was basically just sort of there in RK's run. When he had chances he took them and I thought he kept what I would hope is the basic character outline (empathetic, decent, flawed).

• Members

I didn't mean to dismiss what you were saying. You're right that the material also plays a part. No actor could make most of Daniel's material work. I just disagree about casting him as Mike. But I think they are better off not having Mike on the show anyway unless the show is fixed. Higley probably would have destroyed the character.

• Members

Daniel would have worked as this douchbag 20 something surfer who had a romp with chelsea, when they made him 40 something and gave him the ex backstory, they didnt change anythign else. they never established him. they just threw stuff at him to see what sticked, as days and all soaps usually do.

I think if they had made him Mike and casted the other guy as Daniel Joans, the wirting would have been much different as he would be playing Mike. And for them to make his character some sort of lost horton now simply to tie him and melanie to the family, when they already are, is pointless.

Dena would have done damage to the character likely, because she did more so than not (see, every single character not melanie, maggie, victor and somehow even adrianne and justin to a point).

I guess they could say maggie is his mom and had him as a teen. They cant make him a blood horton because of Jen. so thats really the only option. lets just hope this is much more on the rumor side than the spoiler side.

• Members

This would have been easily solved if they had just made Daniel to be Mike Horton back when Christian first started.

My biggest problem with this storyline is the Daniel part in it. Parental storylines are over done.

I don't like Melanie either but I have always liked her relationship with Maggie. And Molly has actually been decent with MarDar's arrival.

• Members

Mmmm…. good point. There would certainly be more story in this scenario, including betrayal of Maggie's trust, not to mention breaking the law, Daniel perhaps even turning to Melanie to find out what to do when you discover your parents aren't your parents.

I do like this better than the twin thing.

• Members

^^ She's one of the characters rumoured to have a part in Alice's letters which may or may not implicate Maggie as the parent of another character currently on the canvas (Daniel and Madison are the names in question). It would be an interesting use of history to be sure - one of Victor's original evil acts on Days.

Personally, I hope it's not Victor's past so much as Maggie's that spurs story. It would be fun to watch newer viewers discover Maggie had a past that wasn't always "pure" and didn't always involve Mickey Horton. In fact my favourite Maggie years were with Don. Before I even knew something like Fan Fiction existed, as a 11 year old I used to write stories in my head imagining I was Maggie and Don's love child, lol. Not that I understood the concept, but I wanted the experience of discovery.

• Members

We know Maggie was on the farm when Mickey had amnesia and first found her. Other than that we don't know much about what her life was like before she and Mickey crossed paths. Perhaps as a teenager Maggie had Madison and Daniel and put them up for adoption because she could not raise them and when she met, married Mickey and became part of the upstanding Horton family she kept her illegitmate children a secret for fear of bringing shame to the family she grew to love. Perhaps the only one she told was Alice because someone was blackmailing her and she turned to Alice for help...thus the letters and secret bank account Hope has discovered.

Archived