Days: Daniel SPUMOR

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Total BS. The Jonas family is the worst family on the show. Why they feel the need to shove Melanie and Daniel down our throats is beyond me. They worm their way into every storyline, and Lord knows they have each dated/bedded half the town. If this is true I will truly be disgusted. Suzanne, and Maggie, deserves better.

Make Madison be related to Maggie. Greg Meng already teased that she has major ties to Salem..why not make her Sarah's daughter? Atleast we would have someone with talent playing the storyline opposite the amazing SR.

• Members

Not everyone has to be related to everyone. They already have ties to the canvas why is this needed. Nicole Walker does fine and has for years not being tied to a core family(unless you count Abe). If this is their way of getting Hortons on canvas, retconning a paternity than it stinks. My guess is that they are doing this more to make Melanie Maggies granddaughter. As for Sarah Browns character having major ties, isnt she supposed to be some childhood friend of Sami's?

• Members

The point is people talk about her being a strong actor so tie her in to a core family. Ari Zucker has done just fine as Nicole and Chloe went on for years on Days with no ties. I am all for more Hortons but not though ridiculous paternity stories like Melanie and Daniel.

• Members

They delete rumor based topics but there's been evidence for a few weeks that a possible paternity storyline is in the works. Molly tweeted a few weeks ago that there was a huge storyline based on her parentage. Deidre Hall has also been working heavily with Molly as well. And it was pretty much a given that the show would somehow make Maggie/Melanie related. Then you had the miniclip a few weeks ago with Maggie/Melanie discussing Sarah Horton. All the evidence seems to be backing up this storyline.

• Members

Agreed, right down the line. It's about time we knew more about Maggie AND that she has family on the canvas. I always love Maggie/Daniel scenes anyway - it's always been maternal/child in their interactions, and Maggie/Melanie are also sweet together. I can just imagine how thrilled both Dan and Melanie will be with this (not like Lexie who was horrified to find out who her bio father is, lol).

And it just means more Maggie. That's never a bad thing.

The other thing I like is it places Magic firmly in the Matriarch/Patriarch roles with real family, not just State and Jarlena. "Aunt" is never as fully realized a role as "Mom/Grandmom".

The one thing that does stand out for me though, is with her marriage to Victor and being mother to Daniel, Maggie-as-a-Horton is being changed to someone else. I'm not opposed to that at all, but it is an interesting dynamic to watch.

Archived