AMC: Who Would You Recast As JR???

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like this. I like the way he plays "strong" and how there is a kind of quiet strength to a lot of his work that can also in a way turn vicious and formidable while still carrying some depth to it. I'm a fan of layers. I also like that I can see his heart in a lot of his scenes even when he is covering it with bravado. While I hear the criticisms that JR needs to have more gravitas and be a leading figure (i.e. older) but at the same time I also think he needs to have some softening of the edges too. I don't want JR to be so much older because I still think there is so much more the character has to deal with. I also think JR in real time is reasonable younger person/character then Jacob himself is. More on the character front, JR is not an Adam clone and to be honest he really doesn't need to be. I would be all for a broken bird Dixie's son archetype enthused in the role instead of this sociopath who wishes to harm just because he is so jaded, embittered and angry enough to want others to pay. I think Tom Phelphery would be dynamic but would also be a step further into the Adam clone way of seeing the character (dastardly villain protagonist) which I am just not particularly interested in. I'm just done with the yelling, self-destructing, angry JR. He needs to change and be a character with more depth and variety. That just needs to happen.

Archived