September 12-16, 2011

Toups

• Members

Yes a bad week indeed. Y&R is in serious trouble the chickens have come home to roost. It's FINALLY catching up to MAB and hacks. The good acting and great music can no longer mask this hot ass mess. REGIME CHANGE is on the way. Hopefully before years end!!! And B&B another WOW. I don't watch that show enough to know what fans are not liking. What is going on? ANd poor Days and that 2.1 million viewers. MarDar is doing a good job hyping up the 26th, I hope it's worth all the hype and translate into a rise in the numbers esp the demo.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yup..you would have thought that AMC numbers would have gone up considering there was one week left of the show. Looks like OLTL is also cooling off even though it's number 2 in Total Viewers.

LMAO at Y&R's ratings...lol...MAB deserves every bit of that 3.0 on Wednesday...LMAO

• Members

They need to talk to EB & tell him he needs to lose big time. I sick of him winning all the time. They need a real love story & not plotline love story. Lame needs to move away from GC & Keep Colin. Where are the strong women who doesn't need men to define them. IU'm not talking about crazy ones. I have other problems but these are the main ones for me.

• Members

They don't know how to tell stories. They just drop them. Having two murder "mysteries" at the same time, completely unrelated, and both half-written, is baffling. They constantly present leading men who love to destroy women and we're supposed to get hot over their doing so. Having a selfish and unpleasant character like Chompers presented as victim, moping around the shadows of Genoa City, doesn't help either. The show is just empty and there is nothing anywhere that feels like what Y&R used to be. And the female characters have been destroyed.

• Members

The female characters are ruined, even Kay now that she is half-saint/half-devil. Billy is not the problem, and would be a good fit with the proper writing. I still see him as the best paired with Cloe, not Vikki, and as a rival to Adam in a legit business story.(Billy Miller still reminds me of old Jack).

The show is just str8 up boring , and going nowhere very much like ATWT from 2003 onward. Actually, ATWT was better because, contrary to what a lot of posters say, World did have some pretty strong female friendships. Hogan has certainly left his mark but other powers that be have also done a fair amount of damage. It is hard to say whether the problem is HS, SH, MAB, PR or all of the above plus the new EP. I'm in the minority, miss the Latham era, and have disliked most of MABs work. At least Latham got the ratings stable at the end which is more than can be said for the current regime. My nightmare is that CBS hire LB for the show.

OLTL must be the top grossing ABC soap. Aside from the NYC production costs, the show has no budget and has seriously pruned cast. I don't think the OLTL rebound has anything to do with cancellation talk but is happening in spite of the affair. Doom of the genre hurts, not helps soaps and it isn't like AMC has seen a boost.

B&B has sucked for years but viewers are finally walking away. I wonder if this has to do with the Y&R drop, all the neg press about soaps, or something currently on canvus that I am missing? Young returning as Rick should help and help to ground Amber. A lot of fans hate her character, or liked her better on Y&R; however, she was a good fit back in the day for the show.

GH sucks and I actually miss Guza!

• Members

OLTL lost viewers 5 out of the last 6 weeks (-144,000) so it's been cooling off some since the big reveal.

However, it's demos were doing great during that time and that is all that counts. But those demos appear to be cooling off now, too. Despite Y&R's huge loses, OLTL fell out of #1 in 18-34 for the first time in a month. And for the first time since July, OLTL 18-49 demos fallen behind 2010 numbers (-27,000)

2011 Monthly averages:

Jan 2011 2,541,300 619,500

Feb 2011 2,601,316 647,250

Mar 2011 2,447,130 594,600

Apr 2011 2,598,048 670,000

May 2011 2,561,667 647,000

Jun 2011 2,552,636 644,400

Jul 2011 2,679,450 640,250

Aug 2011 2,840,739 735,400

Sep 2011 2,705,273 663,500

Archived