AMC - Friday - September 16, 2011

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is depth to the feud. Today's script, of course written by the wretched Rebecca Taylor, didn't delve into it -- although the script did mention the two of them having a lot more in common than either would care to admit.

I think a huge part of the feud is that both of these women see the other one as undeserving of the things they have in life. Erica sees Brooke as being undeserving because Brooke, in her opinion, is common and doesn't have the beauty, sex appeal and subsequent fame that she has. Brooke sees Erica as undeserving because she has all of this fame, beauty and romance, but does everything in her power to ruin it. It's just that over the years, it has manifested itself in their fighting over the same men... Tom, Adam, Jack, Dimitri. However, plenty of times, over the years of their feud, nuggets of the truth regarding their resentment of each other comes out. It's just that it's easier for these two to fight over men rather than say "I hate you because I envy you!"

• Members

It's Thorsten Kaye's "kinda cute" way of injecting his "kinda cute" obsession with the Detroit Red Wings into the character of Zach and the show of All My Children... so he can promote his favorite hockey team in a "kinda cute" way.

So, basically... Thorsten Kaye's been given complete authorization to use the Zach Slater character to do his personal bidding. Isn't that "kinda cute?"

Yeah, whatever... I'm ignoring you!tongue.png

• Members

Brooke was always well respected by everyone and that drove Erica nuts. Then there was the Tom element, and then came Adam and the magazine stuff. It was just a case of wherever they went the other was there and each one drove the other up the wall because Erica got everything because she was oh so fab, and Brooke rolled her eyes at that, and Brooke got everything despite not being oh so fab, and this was sort of an invalidation of Erica's merits in her eyes. And Erica's successes cheapened Brooke's successes because Brooke ran a magazine, Erica ran a magazine, Brooke was friends with Jeremy, Erica was in love with Jeremy. And on and on.

Brooke did take all of Erica's leftovers though, no denying that. It was nice seeing Brooke today and I felt bad watching them because it seemed so lonely, like this is it--one last spat for old time's sake.

• Members

Well since the kids were playing quietly in the other room, I think she expected him to jump her bones.

I actually loved how Brooke just showed up instead of waiting until the end to see her.

Yes, it definitely felt like the good old days!

I like this plot twist; it explains why Alexander Cambias swore he didn't kill her and rewrites Pratt's nonsense that Adam did.

ICAM.

Yeah, I think when she starts having to take care of the baby by herself and when Liza starts reminding her how much Angie & Jesse love Lucy, Maya will come to realize that Lucy's better off with the Hubbards. I'm expecting her to return Lucy and tell them she wants them to adopt her by Thursday or Friday.

Me, too!

Maybe I'm reading more into it, but I always thought part of Brooke considering Erica undeserving was based on the fact that she worked so hard to get where she was and Erica frequently got her jobs by sleeping with the man in charge.

Archived