AMC - Friday - September 16, 2011

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this was the most enjoyable episode I've watched of AMC since I started re-watching in July. Everything was perfect for the most part. I liked everyone's interactions today.

Can someone explain to me why Brooke and Erica hate each other?

Or better yet why Erica still acts like she is 17?

JR made more sense to me today then he has in months. This should have been his main story not badgering Minx and tirading all over town about how lesbians are abominations and sent from the devil to corrupt impressionable children. His scenes with David today really made me root for him, which is such a damn rarity for me. I could really see JY projecting 'give me back my wife' and finally using his Chandler qualities for something useful rather then for his general asshattery.

Debbie's been great. She's been can't miss television since AMC's cancellation announcement to me.

Who?

• Members
well you watched todays show and they went over it. They have had a LONG list of men that they have shared. Brooke has a habit of getting with Erica's sloppy seconds which has irritated her from day one. If Im getting this right, I think it was Brooke ending up with Tom while Erica was still interested in him which started it all

• Members

I just always thought there was a deeper reason for it all though. To me that all just sounds quite petty and shallow. I personally can't even believe that Brooke entertains it. Erica I can believe would be like that, she is still trapped in middle school. But Brooke? Brooke is too mature and distinguished to participate in something so juvenile as engaging in a baseless rivalry because they both dated the same men.

• Members

yeah it all falls down to men. Its not like either has killed a love one or tried to send the other to prison as far as I know. The fighting is petty and it always comes down to their love lives. Its great for nostalgia but I do agree that it is juvenile. I prefer when they are mature with small bit of snark; not full on hating each other, at least unprovoked

she's not feisty anymore...lol. All she does is read lines and her scenes dont call for much emoting

• Members

I don't think the Erica and Brooke rivalry was ever that shallow and just about men. And even with the men it was more than just romance. Brooke and Mark Dalton had an affair but it was never more than that but they then became very good friends and Erica resented that. I think Erica was always insecure over Brooke's smarts and intelligence and breeding to an extent and Brooke over Erica's beauty, ambition, and success. But underneath all of this I think the 2 women developed a mutual respect for each other much like Viki and Dorian did over the years. I don't believe you could maintain a real rivalry between the 2 for so many years if it was just about men. Thats exactly why for example Sam and Liz's rivalry on GH a more male focused show became tedious and uninteresting. because it was all centered about someones *ick.

Archived