Y&R: New contract role

dm.

• Members

The Young and the Restless has cast another new contract role. American Idol's Diana De Garmo will join the cast in the role of Angelina, the daughter of mob man Angelo (Mike Starr). This is the tenth person that was added to the show's cast in the contract role this year (new-Sam, Genevieve, Eden, Avery, Ricky, Debbi Morgan's character, promotion-Colin, Noah, return-Ronan)

She starts taping Sep 22.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is this a spoof?

No, I'm serious.

If it's not, the last damn thing Y&R needs is a mob. Is this tied to the Gloria/Jeffrey stuff that no one cares about?

I like Diana DeGarmo, and I'm a little sad she will be on this show, as she has had a successful run in Broadway and off-Broadway musicals. She deserves better than the trash they will write for her. And most likely she will be as bad as every other person they have brought in.

• Members

No it is not. Angelo has been on the show for quite some time now. He was supposed to be gone, but they got him back again. This has Sheffer written all over it.

This means Y&R will have 36 contract roles (maybe 37 if Melody comes back) and a lot of recurring players. That is just crazy.

Archived