OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 5th

• Members

First, ALL of Todd's relationships are twisted and dysfunctional and I believe RH even once said they SHOULD BE.

Second, the key difference between TnT vs T&B is TnT fight and scream like today then go off to sulk. T&B fight then go off to plot twisted revenge against each other. That need to destroy the other is IMO, what makes T&B the far more toxic duo.

Third, Toups NAILED it. RH's Todd wasn't the sympathetic figure today. In fact, his self-righteous attitude is positively annying.

Finally, TnT had harsh sex really? Wow, our definitions are quite different. See, when I think HARSH sex I picture Blair's arms covered in bruises.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Téa hasn't even been back 3 years yet.

I just listed the facts to prove from June 2010 to present that in no way was Téa written as Jack's true mom.

And RC just undid "real" Todd picking Téa over his blonde goddess, Blair, and he just rewrote Téa's story the last 2.5+ years to prop up T&B. Like I said, deja vu to 2002 all over again.

• Members

Is it a rewrite or a reward? Tea has now been presented as someone who gave full love and trust to a man who had never had this until her, who loved her body and soul, someone who is now not a rapist, etc. So she actually seems to be better off now, as her soulmate wasn't the man who punched her or raped several women.

• Members

Eric, why is it that any time anyone tries to talk about recent events all you want to talk about is the distant past and play some sort of imaginary tit for tat game no one else is interested in? You can't take anyone's comments about Victor or Tea because you think it's really just about playing Todd/Tea vs Todd/Blair. Sometimes people don't care about either - I know Carl doesn't - they just have legitimate complaints.

As for me, I never said that Todd and Blair were not dysfunctional; certainly, any romantic relationship Todd has is dysfunctional on some level. But theirs was different to me. Admittedly it's been a long time since I watched some of their old love scenes in the '90s, but the only time I can remember actual rough sex was when when Blair was with Victor. And their fights were always about how they perceived each other, what they'd done to each other or what Todd had lied about or done to the kids. When they initiated sex onscreen, it was, for the most part, handled carefully and slowly. We both know they only had a love scene like once every twelve months or so after 1995.

With Tea and Todd, OTOH, the pain and fighting and demeaning of him or his growing steadily more violent was part of her thing, and even Florencia Lozano has talked about that. She gets off on the fighting. She pushed and pushed him, calling him half a man, not able to [!@#$%^&*] her - in public - because she wanted those kind of scenes to happen. That's what she needed from the relationship. Any time he tried to walk away or defuse it, she'd take it to another level because she just wanted to go deeper in. Any time any other man would present himself for some semblance of a functional relationship - Andrew, Kevin, later even John Sykes, or her loving relationship with R.J. - she would withdraw in order to go back to something that excited her. That, unfortunately, is what I took away from their relationship after 1998. She put on a public face of being chagrined and outraged by his behavior, and even played that role with him, but ultimately she loved playing out those scenes where they would tear at each other. And with Victor, she finally got to play out to what she wanted, which was the sex. And once they had that, they were both much happier and settled into their life together, such as it was. I'm not surprised she's still devoted to Victor. He was Todd Plus for her. He went where Todd wouldn't on so many more levels than just taking her to bed. And all this is why I enjoy Tea's character and welcome her presence - I don't have to always like what she does or who she is to find her extremely compelling to watch.

Archived