OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 5th

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The way Destiny put her hand to her mouth, I couldn't tell if she was shocked that Shane would attempt suicide, or embarrassed that she had enchiladas for lunch.

What do you expect? You don't kill Kelly Nelson and get away with it. :P

• Members

I had forgotten how good AW was in the bullying stuff. Darned shame it was dropped for Ghost Gigi crap.

Blair, dear, your son does NOT need anymore violence in his life. Time to re-take your anger management classes b/c you fail as a parent when you can't even control your own worst impulses.

Tea and Viki, ah I so miss their scenes together.

• Members

The show spent the last few years saying Todd's violence to women was fun and cool and no big deal to Jack and he never seemed phased by the various assaults on Blair in the last few years, including her almost being stabbed to death, so I can only come to the conclusion that the show sees any violence in Jack's life as perfectly fine. The bullying story quickly gave way to a pity party for Jack anyway.

• Members

I think the idea was to imply that Shane was just weak and Jack was cool and dangerous (and the one we're truly supposed to sympathize with), like Todd. Remember the Matthew bullying story - they used that to help turn Matthew into a nasty character. I think on some level we may be expected to side with the bullies in these stories.

Archived