AMC: Friday, September 2, 2011

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't believe that would have happened under any circumstances. Number one, the minute Maya and Lucy bonded as nanny and charge, the ending pretty much wrote itself. And number two, short of Lucy suffering an accident and asking the Hubbards to take care of Lucy before she dies, you don't invest in this story for this long to have it end up with Jesse and Angie getting the baby in the end. Otherwise, what was the point?

I would much rather have had Mookie and Maya find out the truth, have Mookie pressure Maya into kidnapping Lucy in order to extract a hefty ransom from Jesse and Angie, and then have Maya wounded while protecting Lucy from Mookie, who is himself gunned down by police after a stand-off. That way, like I said, you could have Maya asking Angie to take care of Lucy after she dies; and Angie, who is debating whether or not to forgive Jesse, tentatively making peace w/ her husband, if only for Lucy's sake, as the network run closes. And that way, when the show comes back online, you could say Angie found Jesse's actions too hard to live with, so she left town (with Lucy) to live with mother Pat or whatever (and either Jesse is still in PV, or he has gone back to try and reconcile with Angie).

• Members

Even though it was rushed due to lack of time left, I've enjoyed the Lucy story all week.

I agree that there's wasted potential but come on, MEK lights up more with Cady than Lindsay!

I wish ABC had given AMC until January to go off so Broderick could've played out more of the beats of the Lucy storyline. I think Angie's scene with David about faith and acceptance would've come many months down the line and been a turning point in the story. At this point, it seems like Jesse & Angie will leave Pine Valley together.

ITA that Frankie & Maya have potential. If they were to both stay for the PP version, I could get behind them as a couple.

I suspect the mystery of whether Mike Roy is alive is supposed to be more tantalizing to us than it is. I get that Broderick/Nixon wanted to correct some of the past writers' mistakes and they're trying to bring back one of Erica's most popular leading men who could get her to leave Jack, but it really should be Dimitri in this role instead.

I'm glad Opal is getting a little story before the end. ITA that there should be flashbacks of Opal/Sam/Verla, even though it was Dorothy Lyman back then!

It has the last 2 days for me.

David/Angie have been a fascinating part of this story. As I said above, I wish they'd had more time to really play this out longer.

For a 3-day weekend in America, that was an awful Friday cliffhanger!

I was pulling for Erica & Zach at that time too. Imagine how much better this show would've been the past few years without Zzzendull boring us every day! It might not have been canceled.

Yes, he does.

• Members

She's the only one who treats him like a human. Even at that disgusting "let's toast to David's murder" party at Blow Job's Krystal's, she was the only one in that group who took the time to be human and say a prayer. I may not be a Hubbard fan -- probably because I hate black people worse than ABC does -- but out of all of them, Angie's the only one with a semblance of self awareness.

• Members

I really NEEDED to see a scene of Erica marching over to the Martin house and bitching out Krystal for interfering in her and Opal's business. When watching Friday, I thought "oh boy, there goes KWAK messing with Erica and Opal" I expected Erica to flip out on Opal and then learn that it was KWAK that gave her this newfound voice and confront her

Archived