Agnes Nixon: New Chicago Tribune Interview

• Members

Agnes Nixon talks about AMC and OLTL with a reporter from The Chicago Tribune:

http://www.chicagotr...,2918028.column

Most interesting part:

Q: Will you be with the show [AMC] as it moves over to the Internet?

A: Yes, I'll be the creative consultant. Sometimes there are writers who don't want my help, but for the most part I have the big ideas. We're going to have a hiatus, you know, for three months. And the head of Prospect Park (the production company taking over the shows) said, "We've got to have a big cliffhanger for that three months." And so I came up with one which I can't tell you. But they loved it.

Q: 'All My Children' is being replaced on ABC by a show called "The Chew," a talk show about food.

A: (Starts laughing before the question has been fully asked and keeps chuckling as she answers.) I know. As Alvina Krause used to say, 'It is to laugh.' It seems an odd choice. I think the name is — what are they chewing?

• Members

Q: Will you be with the show as it moves over to the Internet?

A: Yes, I'll be the creative consultant. Sometimes there are writers who don't want my help, but for the most part I have the big ideas. We're going to have a hiatus, you know, for three months. And the head of Prospect Park (the production company taking over the shows) said, "We've got to have a big cliffhanger for that three months." And so I came up with one which I can't tell you. But they loved it.

I want to know this cliffhanger!

• Members

Very nice interview. It was good to hear her talk some about her past, and her memories of Irna and friendship with Larry David.

I hope she may advise OLTL a little on Viki, if Erika Slezak is a part of PP. I'd like to hear her ideas on the character. They could also ask her a bit about some social issue stories. A web soap would be a good place for that, more than scaredy-cat ABC anyway.

• Members

If they ask her to do something with OLTL, I hope she intercedes and asks for a callback to Ed and Carla's family, and the Woleks. She once tried to secure a place for Carla and Sadie on Loving years after she'd left OLTL behind.

• Members

Was feeling good about the finale till this. She lost me with a cliffhanger, they don't know who's continuing on, but they want a cliff hanger? Doesn't fill me with confidence for PP

Cliffhangers are the way to go. You want to leave the audience wanting to see what happens next so much they will make the effort to seek it out online.

Archived