Most miscast soap roles

• Members

I still defend GO'C. Between Doug Marland's death and EP Laurie Caso's obvious inability to move his show forward, bitch got a raw deal.

That just because a girl's named "Tangie," that doesn't mean she's destined to become a stripper?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The second actress (not remembering her name) who played Taylor on AMC. Ingrid Rogers had this mixture of sultriness and vulnerability; the replacement was simply insane. It didn't help that she was being written at this point as solely a roadblock for Noah/Julia.

• Members

GL

Nancy St. Alban as Michelle---unbelievably boring

Ryan Brown as Bill ----hideous

the revolving door of Remys the last couple of years

Rob Bogue as Mallet

ATWT

every adult Chris Hughes (I don't count Cosgrove, it's unfair) Korver was green, Chase looked WAY too old for the part, and Bruno had very little depth

KMH as Em---the word that comes to mind is brittle; she never made Em rootable.

the second David Stenbeck (Mr. Lesli Kay---at least for now..)

all the Brad Snyders---that's just a bad role, period.

Van Hansis---snort

Howarth as Paul

• Members

While Jason Olive would have been perfectly fine as a Jamal, he was all wrong for Frankie. I feel the same about Terrell Tilford replacing Monti Sharp as David on GL. Meanwhile, Monti was wrong for Justice on GH.

• Members

Ted King as Luis and Lorenzo Alcazar GH. The Alcazar boys were two South American criminals and along comes Ted King who looks like with a part in his hair and a pair of glasses he could play Clark Kent. Then add in that we traditionally think of macho yet overly dramatic passions with our cinematic South American heartthrobs, and Ted King and his wooden, monotone delivery turned latin lovers into mannequins.

• Members

Taylor Miller as AW's Sally Frame. And every actress who played Alice Frame other than Jacquie Courtney (though Susan Harney was the best of the sorry lot).

Paul Coufos as DOOL's Mike Horton. He came in after Wesley Eure, the definitive Mike for us old-timers, and he was so completely opposite Wesley, it just didn't work.

Eileen Davidson as Kelly Capwell on Santa Barbara.

• Members

DAYS:

Two words. Charity. Rahmer. Worst Recast in Daytime HISTORY.

Tracy Middendorf as Carrie.

Kyle Brandt as Phillip

John Ingle as Mickey.

Jason Cook as Shawn (I'll be hated for this, but IMO JC was just awful. Brandon was Shawn for me)

Kirsten Storms as Belle (again, I'll be hated, but MM was so believable as Belle, with incredible talent, it made me forget about whiny KS)

I always hear amazing things about Wesley. I started watching during Michael T. Weiss' tenure, and I thought he was great. I really liked Roark as Mike, but I never really bought that he was around Carrie's age when they got together when in reality, the character was much, much older.

• Members

True and true. However I think the affair rumors came from Conboy making some pretty scant comments to the soap press about Hill having "nice legs" and "extraordinary abilities" that got people talking.

Also while I'm talking GL. let's go with Marty West as a miscast Shayne. Kit Paquin was terrible as Marina, and I never ever really warmed up to Mandy Bruno in the role either.

• Members

GL:

Kit Paquin as Marina Cooper

Deborah Zoe & Teresa Hill as Eden August

Brian Gaskill as Dylan Lewis

Bonnie Dennison as Susan LeMay

DAYS:

Charity Rahmer as Belle Black

John Ingle as Mickey Horton

Katherine Ellis as Taylor Walker (1998-1999)

Tamara Braun as Taylor Walker

B&B:

Whoever played Bridget after Jennifer Finnigan

• Members

Justin Deas as Buzz Cooper. He was hilarious when he first came to town and he was pig, and everyone knew it and called him out on it. I remember him scamming a job at Lewis Oil and acting like he was talking on the phone to impress Vanessa, and she walked over and sniffed, "This might help," as she plugged in the phone to phone jack! But in a month or two Buzz suddenly became the "King of Fifth Street," and the man that no hot woman, like Jenna, or Nadine could resist! No one dared talk back to him or tell him to shut up as he flung his arms like windmills and spit on every other character! They were originally going to have a hot middle aged guy, like Phillip Brown, etc, but JFP had to have her buddy in there.

Also, and I love her, but Marj Dusay as Alex and especially Ron Raines as Alan. Alex went from to the manor born under Bev, to this hissing weezing loud mouth Myrna Clegg character. Alan suffered even more, as RR could not for the life of him bring the depth a character like A should have, so he became a huffing puffing mustach twirling villian who couldnt scare a pre schooler. I think RR would have made a good Mike Bauer recast, as he was a bit too rugged to be Alan and he is way too nice to play someone like that. Marj would have made a great Lewis relative or someone who married into Spaulding wealth who would drive Alex and Alan crazy in the board room.

• Members

I never understood the casting for Alan-Michael. I think Carl Evans was a decent actor, and a beautiful man, but there was no need to age Alan-Michael so rapidly. They could have easily said that this was a cousin to the family, someone Alan had kept an idea on over the years, someone who had no real love from his side of the family and latched onto Alan as Alan was unable to show love to his own kids.

Rick Hearst was fine, just poorly written for most of the time.

I liked Michael Dietz - he was good as silly, stupid, earnest Joe Scanlon on PC - but why bring him in at the time they were turning A-M back into being a jerk? Dietz was in over his head, and this began the de-aging process with Alan-Michael.

Then, ten years later, A-M was back again, and appeared to be in his late 20's at the most. This was ludicrous for many reasons, but #1 was that three of his ex-wives/girlfriends were on canvas, and some of them looked 10 to 15 years older than him.

• Members

Oh yes, another one of Wheeler and Co's big ass screw ups. The last A-M I have to admit was pretty hot, and could act, and brought a certain, Spaulding gravity to the role while still looking at them all as if they were nuts, but he was way too young and typical Wheeler, she cast him as he had a resemblance to GA, not taking into account they weren't supposed to be bio brothers! I think she thought we would forget about GA with this guy on canvas. And then the two idiots, Wheeler and Kreizman have him fall madly in love with that "Too perky for her own good, " Marina Cooper, who he had originally for a time thought was his daughter.EEWWW.

A big agree on Bruno as Marina. She was just way too perky, yes, she probably did make a perfect Belle in "Beauty and the Beast," though unfortunately the Disney princess were written better, acted better and were more believable then Marina and Bruno. I think Wheeler just cast for 'perkiness," as Christina actress was horrible, had no reason to be on the show and had nothing going for the character then an ever present smile and chipmunk teeth!

Deitz was horrible as AM! No wonder he is a cousin to Frankie D, nontalent runs in the family. I could see why they aged A-M but it made no sense that they brought him back without his mother, and hardly any mention that he was a Bauer too!

• Members

Manny Fan: "SAY WHA? GAMBF! NANCEY IS NOT BORING! NANCY IS AUESUM! PAUL IS AUESUM! DANNY & MESHELL ARE AUSUM! YUR JUS JELLUS! I HOPE U GET CANSUR & DIE SO U DONT HAVE 2 CRAP ALL OVER MY SHOW NO MO! MANNY LUV 4EVAH WOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

smile.png

Archived