GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Re: Brenda's middle name-it changes to Brenda Veronica (after her mom) later on.  It's on her wedding invites to S/B's wedding and in her 'funeral' announcement.

ASJ is really super hot.  It's too bad he can't really act nor is he a great person, but I loved Jagger in the 90's.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Apologies for the lack of posting these summaries! Let's finish 1967!

Monday, November 13, 1967: When the D.A. calls Jessie to come to his office, Lee insists on going with her.

Tuesday, November 14: Polly asks Tom specific questions about the medicine that killed her father.

Wednesday, November 15: Lee recounts Jessie's talk with the D.A., and tells Steve he fears a full-scale murder investigation.

Thursday, November 16: Steve enlists Lucille's help in getting Audrey to go to a doctor.

Friday, November 17: The D.A. suggests to Lt. Todd that they explore the possibility of murder in Prentice's death.

Monday, November 20: Steve confides in Meg that he is worried because Audrey won't see an obstetrician regularly.

Tuesday, November 21: Lt. Todd questions Tom.

Wednesday, November 22: Polly has a nightmare about her father's death, and convinces herself that the pills she gave him had nothing to do with him dying.

Thursday, November 23: Pre-empted.

Friday, November 24: Henry and Sharon plan to secretly marry before Christmas.

Monday, November 27: Steve learns that Audrey has been to see Dr. Nelson and she informed the doctor that she and Steve are separated and she has been artificially inseminated.

Tuesday, November 28: Lee reads Prentice's will to Polly and Jessie, and it's more than Polly can bear.

Wednesday, November 29: After Iris reacts negatively to an A.A. meeting, there is a new revelation for her and Lee's feeling for each other.

Thursday, November 30: Iris tries to explain to Meg why she walked out of the A.A. meeting; Meg urges Lee to continue helping Iris.

Friday, December 1: Audrey asks Steve for a divorce after the baby is born.

Monday, December 4: Lucille learns that Audrey has decided to divorce Steve.

Tuesday, December 5: Lt. Todd questions Tom about his connections with Polly and Jessie.

Wednesday, December 6: Lt. Todd interviews Jessie again.

Thursday, December 7: A miserable Iris tells her troubles to a sympathetic Lee.

Friday, December 8: Sharon and Henry arrange to get a marriage license.

Monday, December 11: Polly tells Lt. Todd that Tom only dated her to please Jessie, and that Tom would do anything to please Jessie.

Tuesday, December 12: Iris is unable to get a patient's blood sample and is shaken.

Wednesday, December 13: Audrey has lunch with airline president Jeff Robertson, who says she can have a job anytime she wants.

Thursday, December 14: After Polly and Jessie argue over finances, Lt. Todd arrives.

Friday, December 15: Polly tells Lt. Todd that Tom is in love with Jessie and recalls the night before Jessie's wedding when she overheard Tom tell Jessie he loves her.

Monday, December 18: Audrey and Jeff Robertson discover they are both lonely people at Christmas.

Tuesday, December 19: Lee, Meg, Scotty and Iris trim the Baldwin's Christmas tree. Iris celebrates going on the wagon.

Wednesday, December 20: Audrey accepts Steve's invitation to attend the Baldwin's Christmas party.

Thursday, December 21: Jessie makes plans to go see her family for the holiday; the D.A. tells Lt. Todd not to let Tom or Jessie leave town.

Friday, December 22: At the Baldwin's party, Steve tells the nativity story.

Monday, December 25: Pre-empted.

Tuesday, December 26: Henry has to postpone his wedding to Sharon.

Wednesday, December 27: Tom tells Steve that Lt. Todd questioned him about his feelings for Jessie and that he warned him not to leave town.

Thursday, December 28: Lt. Todd questions Meg about what she knows about Tom and Jessie's relationship.

Friday, December 29: Steve unwittingly interferes with Henry and Sharon's honeymoon. Iris falls off the wagon.

• Members

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/general-hospital-60th-anniversary-genie-francis-kin-shriner-1235567398/

The highlights for me (both humorous and interesting)

Do you all have any memories of particularly meaningful storylines?

(Kristina )Wagner: I fell in love with my co-star, and we had two children together. I remember the day that happened. It was 1986, I think it was a Policeman’s Ball. Dancing with him — I mean, he wasn’t falling in love with me, but I was falling in love with him. I remember the music, it was “Careless Whisper” by Wham! I’m so embarrassed. It’s so cheesy and campy, now looking back on it, but that shaped the character as I moved forward, really, with the rest of my life on that show.

And what I’ve learned, if we get a little more personal, is that you cannot live out the fantasy you’re pretending on stage. It’s harmful, and it’s toxic. You really have to learn how to step back and create your own life at home, because we are grinding away at this every single day. These have been huge, big life lessons for me. And I’m grateful to sit here and be able to share it. 

Luke was killed off last year. What was it like for you to act in that storyline? Did it feel like closure in some way, or had you already said goodbye? 

Francis: Honestly, I just didn’t believe it when it happened — me, Genie. I felt like they can’t really be doing this, because what did they get from this? And so I didn’t believe it. I thought perhaps they were laying groundwork for a wonderful return for him. But so far, I guess that hasn’t happened. So I don’t know. I guess I believe it now. Makes me sad. 

But do you think the door is open? I mean, obviously people have come back from much worse deaths!

Francis: The cable car crashed — but they didn’t find a body!

I believe that “General Hospital” was the first show to go back into production in Los Angeles in summer 2020. 

Benard: Yeah. Frank saved our jobs twice.

What do you mean? 

Benard: Well, 10 years ago, when he came in, I thought we were done — and he kept it going. And then with COVID, he was the first one — because if it didn’t succeed, who knows what would have happened? So it was good for Frank. And I’m not trying to kiss his ass!

Do you feel like Steve Burton could come back if there’s no longer a vaccine mandate? Or if he changes his mind? 

Francis: I certainly hope so. Because he’s so missed — on screen and off. You’ve gotta admit, one of the nicest human beings who’s ever been with us.

Benard: He just works out too much. He’s too big!

• Members

Maurice seems amusingly out of touch, and if you would have told me that he was not in the same room as the other actors, I would have believed it. 

But, his response to the "me too" question was the most intriguing part for me.  It seemed like he had never understood, (prior to this moment), that although the genre is geared toward a female audience, women actors, writers, and directors still often feel overlooked and underappreciated.  I was glad that the women's experiences were respected. 

Edited by j swift

• Members

That was a really nice interview.  KW has obviously done a lot of work on unpacking her own history in her personal life with Jack and the show.  Really interesting reading her answers.

Nice to see Kin give credit to Genie without Tony in regards to how the audience responded to Laura.  They had hooked a lot of people on the show watching Laura before Luke.  It would have interested me- troubled family situation, David Hamilton, Lesley going to jail for a murder Laura committed, a cult, and then a love affair and rivalry around Scotty with Bobbie.  All great stuff and all before Luke.  I would love to watch all that today.