OLTL Discussion for the week of August 15th

• Members

Like I said multiple times already, I agreed with Khan. There is nothing to stop RC/TIIC/PP from flipping this script tomorrow. You somehow naively believe this will never be rewritten. Heck, I believe Victor Lord was DEAD FOREVER but boy was I wrong...

RC could reveal Victor II was a CLONE and those rumors of Irene's lifework being some ridiculous sci-fi clone crap could be true... I put nothing past him after this ABSURD week.

I gather Khan is a big TSJ fan too? You keep ignoring how many folks who are NOT TSJ fans are rolling their eyes at this absurd story.

And I never said OLTL secretly hated TnT OR TSJ. You get your facts wrong all the time, then refuse to admit when your points are based on those faulty facts and then worse turn every debate very personal and that is so tiresome.

btw, I have very good source to believe TSJ was deliberately given a push out the door offer he couldn't accept.

"Honey," the difference between you and I, is I OWN my bias. You try to pretend being all objective and that is a CROCK.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Awe, Tea and Dani are so happy right now I don't want to see them get the rug pulled out. I think I'm done watching now. I don't care to see that fallout just yet......... Tomorrow will be painful for me to watch. sad.png

The Todd and Hope scenes were really sweet. I like Blaire and Tomas and kind of want them to be together even though I know there's no chance of that.

• Members

I don't remember anyone blaming Erika, be they fans or Frank Valentini. Everyone in fandom at the time blamed Brian Frons for allegedly forcing OLTL to let Evans go.

I also don't remember Viki ever referencing speaking to Tina or patching things up in the last three years, and I paid attention. In conclusion, slow your roll, thanks.

• Members

Oh, it could be, sure. But it won't.

No, Khan is sensible. He's not lighting a candle and living on a prayer, and rewriting the show as it goes or ignoring difficult questions. I'd note that your every complaint about Todd being "too sweet, too nice" disappears whenever TSJ's Todd played happy family scenes with Tea and Danielle instead of Blair and their kids, but I know you'd ignore that as well.

Okay, then answer the question: why were they so "determined" to write him out after eight years on the frontburner, if you insist on believing they did not want to keep him?

Then we must both have very good sources and that must be very nice for both of us. I know what I believe. You can go for what makes you feel righteous. I can go for what's realistic.

What is my bias, TeamEric? You already told me I "hate" someone. Who do I hate? Florencia Lozano? I was glad she came back to the show, I see no reason for her not to continue on it. Trevor St. John? I wish he wasn't leaving, this is a good character. Todd and Tea? I don't hate them, they're just not for me and I find them screwed-up. Did I enjoy Todd and Blair in the past? Sure, and I wrote them off at least three years ago. I also enjoyed Todd and Rebecca as a kid, I wish they'd brought Reiko Aylesworth back and done her return properly, and I have often wanted to see both Todd and Blair paired with other people in successful storylines. I am not loyal to a fanbase over Todd. I watch the whole show for the whole show, I always have, I am arrogant enough to think it allows me a degree of perspective. You should try it sometime without thinking of the couple first.

• Members

I almost hate to admit, but I enjoyed today's episode--some nice scenes (though Todd seemed to be teaching Hope a mixed message by first saying Belle shouldn't get in the car with Beast or he'd kill him and then saying she should fall in love with him :P). Even this Pained Pony stuff will be a bit more bearable for me now that Natalie is off with Rex. Has Rex already dropped his revenge angle because of Ghost Gigi? not that I mind--Rex gnashing his teeth was even worse than comic Rex, but it seems like every Summer or so Ron Carlivati sends Rex on some sort of out of town "comic" mission. But without reading spoilers, I already know this will tie into some other more interesting stories, so I guess I can give it some chance.

I haven't caught up with all of this thread so I'm sure these points have been brought up, but I am very mixed on the Todd stuff. It's given some good material, and I can't say I've not enjoyed watching. But just so many holes--if Victor Jr was soooo simple and slow but brainwashing him made him brilliant, couldn't Irene have brainwashed him to be brilliant ages back (albeit not Todd)? Does Frank V hink viewers like to see scars getting carved on people's faces, because I can't think of any other reason to have Irene give Todd the scar only to then immediately completely redo his face anyway...

• Members

Copied and Pasted from Soap Central

I Facebooked CP Talent (Andrew Trischitta's management group) asking if he had filmed for the opening yet and they said

"he did, hoping it airs soon #anxiously awaiting as well : )"

And I had asked Josh Kelly a few days ago and he more or less confirmed his as well. No idea if any of the vet cast re-did shots, though.

So here's what we've got

In: Cutter, Jack, Todd, Tomas

Possibly In: Cord, Kim, Tina

Out: Charlie, Cristian, Dorian, Joey, Kelly, Langston, Marty, Victor

Possibly Out: Gigi - I doubt it though since Farah's still on contract

• Members

Pained Pony? LOL! That's good!

One thing's for sure: AMC and OLTL's move online will bring an end to these nauseating Disney product placements. Maybe.

That's the one part of Irene's story that keeps giving me heartburn.

Archived