B&B: Former actor returns

• Members

THis is the issue I have with people online(not directly at you). THere is no actor bigger than the role. And very few characters that can't be recast. If they get a decent actor with a more commanding presence they will be fine. NO one is going to be running to watch Online AMC or not watch it because JY is or is not playing JR. SL as Erica is a diff story. Jay Kenneth Johnson might make a decent rebooted JR. I thought he was good as Phillip on Days until Higley turned him into a wimp.

Who's left with the Courtlandts or are we saying Caleb that dull of a dull character is staying.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOw I actually forgot about that.

I think any youngerish character with story potential can be recast. This idea that the actor is bigger than the role, well actors dont even buy that.

I know Petey was sort of dropped and I liked him. I guess I am just wondering who they'd center the Courtlandts around. MAybe bring back Nina.

• Members

I love JY as JR and while I don't think I would ever like another JR in the role as much as I like JY, the role is certainly recastable. Question is, how smart would it be to immediately recast the role for the nuAMC online? Not very smart in my opinion at least give it some time. I also don't see why Jay Kenneth Johnson (who I do think would make a capable JR) would want to go to online AMC when he left Days for greener pastures.

I really don't see many of the big AMC stars staying for the online venture.

• Members

Oh it was just a suggestion I have no idea what JKJ is doing. I think he left Days because he was unhappy there period. And AMC is going to get a break already. Maybe a break for JR from the show is a good thing. I just don't get after all the recasts there have been in soaps over all the years why all of a sudden JR Chandler is not recastable. There are always actors I prefer but there have been tons of successful recasts over the years.

Supposedly PP is telling actors that commit that they could have an opportunity to work in some of their other ventures. Now what that means I have no idea. Some of it sounds very "studio system" like to me.

• Members

I've ALWAYS thought JY was miscast as JR, he has no gravitas, which is what the role called for as written. Either that or an abandoned mama's boy. He could play neither. He always just seemed...smug. Which works better for Rick Forrester than it does Adam Chandler Jr. (surprisingly) or Lucky Spencer.

• Members

I don't know if miscast I just don't think his take on the role matched what I thought JR would be but thats not to mean its wrong just different. I just feel at this point the character is so beaten down he needs a reboot of sorts and recasting with someone maybe with more of a commanding presence could help move the character in more of an Adam Chandler like direction. I know I am tired of JR beaten time and time again. Its been going on since the Babe years and is way way old to continue to see him as the loser or at least as the drunken loser.

Archived