B&B: Former actor returns

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because no one remembers Sarahs work on B&B or ATWT. People know her as Carly. I love Sarah but her B&B character - considering they created the character for her made no sense since she did not fit her like at all. But is it really any diff than the big names going to Y&R except at Y&R the vets get shoved off screen for these nonsensical characters they create for these big names they hire. I always find it ludicrous for soaps to create a character for an actor they want.They should add characters who make sense and cast the proper people in them.

• Members

B&B has a long track record of failure with hiring names just for being names. They've been doing this for ten years or so...or it seems like that. In some cases they've even done it twice (Rick Hearst). Brad Bell just loses interest after about 6 months or a year.

Since Jacob was on the show before it might be different, but the horror that was Kyle Lowder Rick is going to be very difficult to forget.

• Members

I think recasting is an opportunity to reboot the character. As much as I think JY grew as an actor working with DC, he doesn't have the presence to be in an almost patriarcal role or to center that part of the canvas but I do think the character can. SInce its unlikely Adam is returning longterm or DC would sign on for this, they can recast JR with an actor with a more commanding presence.

Oy yuck.

• Members

Why do you people dislike KL's Rick? I thought he was so hot LOL And I loved his shanenigans at the beginning of his B&B days. I thought he was great. Then of course BBell lost interest in him, but whatever.

Nevertheless, I'm very excited about JY's return, I think it's so cool he would be back after all these years.

• Members

I feel bad for Kyle Lowder because it was clear to me Brad Bell got bored of the character of Rick & just decided to put him on recurring like all the rest (Bridget, Thorne, Whip, Aggie). Now that the original actor is free, he sees the big scoop he's got and takes it by hiring back Jacob Young. LOL. And a "front burner" story's in his mind now all of a sudden. Wow!

Well I'm really sad JY won't continue on with AMC. Wasn't watching B&B when he was on, so looking forward to seeing him on there now. He's a great actor. Can't wait to see him do work with KKL

• Members

YES!!!!! I'm so happy!

It does sound like he got some confirmation regarding storyline and character direction beforehand which is smart but of course I realize that can change. Debbie Morgan's character doesn't even have a name yet.

Smart call having his first airdate on september 26th...very smart!

I hope they don't pair him with Adrienne Frantz. *shudder*

LOL at the comments regarding the Union represantive.

Archived