AMC: Monday, August 8, 2011

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Broadcast Networks to Air Obama Statement at 1 p.m.

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/472165-Broadcast_Networks_to_Air_Obama_Statement_at_1_p_m_.php

ABC to cut into programming; NBC giving stations option

By John Eggerton -- Broadcasting & Cable, 8/8/2011 11:48:26 AM

ABC says it will break into regular programming at 1 p.m. to provide live coverage of President Barack Obama's statement to the press, which is expected to be an effort to calm the markets and reassure American's about the economy.

NBC will go live with Brian Willams anchoring from NY with David Faber of CNBC. The network was describing its coverage of the statement as an "optional" special report, which means it will not preempt Days of Our Lives, but will instead give the stations the option of carrying the President or sticking with the soap, according to a spokesperson.

CBS will also carry the statement live with Anthony Mason anchoring out of New York (Scott Pelley is in Kenya to anchor the CBS Evening News from the famine-torn region). A CBS spokesperson said they would be preempting regular programming for the special report.

• Members

Janet and Amanda, Tad and Dixie were the only things really worth watching. I agree with Angela, the rest of the show was blah. What in god's name did David do to Dixie? The way they have Cady playing this is making it seem like he raped her or something. Either way, not liking the implications in the writing.

Janet reflecting and being somewhat lucid just shows the range Kate has as an actress. I loved that scene when she was saying if Amanda could survive her bad mothering, she can beat cancer, The Amanda/Janet relationship now has been resolved. Touching scene.

• Members

Putting aside the gimmicky returns(and yeah I have loved all of them except for Dixie and likely I will hate Zach), I think this Jake and Amanda story is the most real and well done story on the show now. I know its not a big story and doesn't get the buzz everything else does, but its real, their relationship comes across as real, and its a story of a realistic medical issue facing a lot of younger women today. I know the story was not originally headed here and I commend Broderick for retooling it. I know its likely because of the cancellation but it was a smart decision and is playing out great. The Amanda Janet scenes just added to it.

• Members

I doubt that's what they are going for but I thought the exact same thing. Did David rape her while she was inthe coma or whatever she was in?

I really need for Dixie to start acting like Dixie again and not like Nell the lost woman in the woods.

David's constant putdowns regarding Ryan's inability to understand the Orpheus project are kinda funny but then I remember that I understand it less than Ryan does so I guess I'm as stupid as he is for not understand how stemcells can bring people back to life.

Archived