Moments that made you change the channel

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL at Luke and Noah's bed-jumping. But I can top that. Remember when Cyndi Lauper came to Oakdale to see her adoring crowds of about seven people? I am NOT a Jake Silberman basher at all, but the scenes of him trying to dance made me long for Elaine Benes on "Seinfeld". That boy didn't have one iota of rhythm in his body.

• Members

I don't think I've ever changed/turned off the channel, but I've cringed through plenty of stuff...

Jack's rape and subsequent "rescue" on ATWT---it's sad that Sheffer is such a twisted puppy the "hero" he chose to rescue Jack was Craig (and the idiot Simon), who was more concerned that Julia stole his newly detailed car than the fact Jack nearly drowned in it.

Jack and JuliaII screwing while Carly's televised plea to find him played on a tv in the background

Paul burying Sophie in the rose garden, and then marrying Meg over it

Coop's death on GL...I know it was supposed to be heartbreaking, but I found it nauseating.

A lot of Coop/Ashlee's "romance".

Anything Cyrus/"G"

B&B---anything Pam/"Catwalk" related.

The Brooke/Ollie sex.

Y&R---Phyllis getting in anyone's face. I think she's a disgusting character and MS seems really artificial to me.

Victor's sex scenes. *shiver* *runs for brain bleach*

in general---singing and the characters being "interviewed" and/or some appeal (like when a child's missing). I just find them incredibly fake moments, no matter who does them.

• Members

I agree, Carl, particularly the rape of Jack, who was actaully a character I could take or leave. I was gobsmacked that P&G ever allowed that plotline. It was without a doubt the most disgusting, irresponsible plot I ever witnessed on a soap, and I have been watching since the mid-60's. It was typical of the Goutman/Sheffer immature fratboy mentality. I suppose they found it a hot fantasy, but it was so disrespectful, especially since many do not take male abuse/rape seriously.

Another sequence that I found very disturbing and difficult to watch was Julie's rape by Larry Atwood on Days of our Lives in February 1978. Those scenes were quite graphic for the era, especially as Julie fought him very realistically before being overcome.

Rape really pushes my buttons. It is so personal. I think it has to be taken very seriously and played responsibly.

• Members

LOL, I made the same post a few weeks ago, I thought I was the only one who had that *durrr* moment. Matter fact, I think someone responded that they thought the same thing about a week ago. :D

Archived