Moments that made you change the channel

• Members

Does have those moments were you had to change the channel either because you were disturbed, shaken, or disgusted by what was happening on your soap? I have a few of those I remember quite well:

--Hans the terrorist sawing of Lily's wedding ring on ATWT

--Diego raping Emily on ATWT

--Maggie being bludgeoned, Days

--The story of Maryanne Carruthers is finally told, GL

--Colleen's drowning/seeing Brad Y&R

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Anything with hammy Annie Parisse on ATWT during the crazy Julia era. Killing a horse, raping Jack, punching him...this was all supposed to get viewers hot, but it just turned my stomach, and is one of the reasons I ended up tuning out again.

The same is true for Craig giving that bit player a suicide pill, another moment that was supposed to turn viewers on in Shefferland.

• Members

Well I rarely change the channel when watching live (bc then Id most likely miss the stuff I would want to see). But I'll mention what makes me FF/zone out

GH's Spinelli. I simply can not watch that idiot. Granted I dont watch GH live anymore so FF him is easy, but I have to zone out when he is onscreen.

OLTL's current teens. They suck and I find it hard to sit through scenes featuring just them. They are slightly bearable around adults but in just teen scenes? Its time to skip the show for a few minutes

• Members

On Y&R, realizing that I hated most if not all of the characters that got the most screentime.

I tried to watch again than the Ashby storyline drove me off again. First being I don't give a eff about Cane and especially not his family and Second, knowing why this story came to be just pissed me off.

When Adam was gaslighting Patty at the nut house- At that point I just wanted Adam dead. I know Patty was no saint, but it was pathetic to see Adam gaslight another woman with mental issues.

Billy came to JT and Mac's apartment to berate them for "hurting" Victoria. I knew then that their final week on the show would be propping Villy , but I didn't think it piss me off that much. Then the wedding which was basically a way to show the subtleties in VIctoria's pain and Billy's ability to be a wonderful husband. That nauseating scene of Victoria saying goodbye to Reed was just eye roll inducing. Of course people ate that [!@#$%^&*] up.

• Members

I guess not really turning the channel, but on Passions when Tabitha and Timmy met crazy Norma for the first time, and she went after Tabitha in the shower with her axe, i remember i was so scared at seeing Tabitha get chopped up, i covered my eyes. It turned out she kept chopping at her shampoo bottle which was starberry

colored so it looked like blood, LOL

• Members

The only time I ever had to change the channel was when Craig (Jon Lindstrom) made out with Danielle, the girl he had once thought was his own daughter. Possibly the sleaziest moment I've ever seen on daytime. I doubt very much that Scott Bryce would have played that scene.

Close runner-up: Parker and Liberty have sex. The fact that Parker was about 14 years old (as was the actor Mick Hazen) made the scene cringe-worthy.

• Members

OLTL: Ford making out with his mentally ill rape victim in a padded cell, while they're both wearing nun costumes, while an actual nun that Ford had just assaulted/stripped down was shoved in the corner gagged and in a straitjacket. I want to change the channel every time Ford is on screen at all, but that moment just takes the cake. Beyond disgusting and offensive.

• Members

Mitch giving Jessica ECT and beginning to rape her. Who the hell put this on TV?????????????????

The flashback of Mitch raping Viki.

Nikki Newman rolling around on the beach as TPTB panted in the background.

• Members

Taylor giving a dying James a pity f*** in the ruins of Big Bear.

Canher Walsh dusting the blinds.

ANY scene with Tim Gibbs as Kevin...#1 being his hot sexy times with rape victim Barbara while his entire family was upstairs.

Grace Davison's week-long death orgy.

Archived