Moments that made you change the channel

• Members

That made me change the channel for 4 months. That literally was my breaking point with the show with them making a complete joke out of it by turning her into teenJess. I couldnt support that story and the show and had to leave OLTL until it was done

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Singing. Unless it's Kassie DePaiva or Bobbie Eakes doing it (I like their voices) or, Just Tad or another character I like joking around.

Sex scenes between couples I cannot stand.

One I can remember is the time Katie and Henry had sex (the one and only time...during their 'fake' marriage) I had to change it. SHE USED HIM! *still mad*

• Members

Was that the sex scene where he was weeping? Hogan even killed off Craig's son to justify his boning.

I should add the scenes where Tess went into labor and gave birth to a dead child. Repulsive stuff, and once again, so off the mark and confusing in terms of tone that you never knew whether you were supposed to laugh or cry.

• Members

No. After sending Babs to NY to destroy Carly's showing (BurnedBabs took a scissors to some of the clothes, Rose patched them up), Craig then took credit for Paul publicly crediting Carly as the BRO designer (he'd hired her to ghostdesign 'cause Babs was nuts), which Jack had actually done.

Carly was sitting in a chair, and Craig came up behind her and literally did nothing but kiss her collarbone repeatedly. Maura was pregnant at the time (thank GOD...) so the sex was limited to that, and waking up beside the Devil the next morning, and refusing to walk around naked in front of him.

But it really did look like a guy gnawing on a leg of chicken or something. I just hated the fact Craig got into her bed by taking credit for Jack's actions. That should have been Carjack sex.

I don't remember Hunt ever crying...maybe Bryce's Craig cried while boning Meg? OOH...there's a cringeworthy moment...Craig nearly poisoning a pregnant Meg because he'd just found out she'd lied to him and it was Paul's.

• Members

One where I actually did change the channel was Natalie Hall warbling on AMC a few weeks ago. It was one of the most painful and embarrassing things I've ever witnessed and I'd rather die then have someone find out I was willingly watching that.

• Members

Craig running Rosanna off the road was a pretty sick thing to watch. Having watched ATWT spoaradically through the 90s, I actually was quite fond of Scott Bryce's Craig and couldn't believe the show had gone from that Craig to this crazed, sociopathic character who was willing to run his then-girlfriend off the road (risking her life) all because she knew he'd switched Jenn & Gwen's babies so he could raise his own kid. The baby switch I could see, but running Rosanna off the road? It was just SICK!

Eden's rape was the most graphic and horrifying depiction of rape I've ever seen and it happened throughout the course of an entire episode. I had to turn off the TV more than once. HOWEVER, I commend and applaud SB for having the guts to depict rape so realistically, as a crime of violence, not sex. Most soaps don't go there.

BUT they made a HUGE blunder when they made Dr. Zack Kelton, Eden's gynochologist, her rapist. He was the person who administered her rape examintaion for crap's sake! Thank GOD we didn't know it at the time but when the reveal was made, it was just disgusting to know that her own rapist performed her very personal examination. Just plain sick!

I cringed at pretty much EVERY Steve & Kayla scene in their first go round in the 80s/90s. He was the dumbest, most annoying character DAYS has ever created and that's saying A LOT! I admit, however, that I did enjoy him when they returned in the 2000s.

Peter Reckell's first scenes when he returned as Bo after RKK was fired. Like him behind the scenes or not, I came to LOVE RKK's Bo so much more than I ever did or ever will love Reckell's. His Bo was smart, sexy, rebellious, smart, soulful, smart, intelligent, and smart. The second Reckell came back, so did IdiotBo. His love scenes with Lisa Rinna were cringeworthy- his return ruined the entire Hope/Bo/Billie triangle, which was pretty even when RKK was there. It reminded me of the Kathleen/Cass/Frankie triangle on AW where it was hard to root against either woman. But once Reckell was back, Billie lost all her rooting value as Rinna & Reckell shared absolutely NO chemistry whatsoever.

• Members

I knew that---and did such a horrible job at it I was baffled by his emmy nomination that year (and so not surprised he lost). I just don't recall Block ever being shown crying---and certainly not before/during/after sex. The gamut of Block's emotions ran from self-congratulatory to supremely overconfident.

• Members

Eric's reaction to that was so hilarious.

I have to add the scenes where Ridge was grieving for Caroline by growing facial hair and wearing a leather jacket and staring mournfully over cliffside. :nbe:

• Members

Oh, I liked that lol Disturbing, for sure, but quite in par with B&B's trashy, MELROSE PLACE-esque personality. And since I've always thought B&B was in part daytime's MELROSE PLACE, then... lol

It truly was. And bad. Bad.

• Members

OMG! That was friggin amazing, creative, and damn hot. I friggin LOVED it. I agree with YRBB- that was such a B&B thing to do- they WERE the Melrose Place of daytime.

I LOVED how Deacon even thought to put the receiver end of the phone in a glass of water- that way Eric & Brooke could hear what Deacon & Bridget were doing, but Bridget couldn't hear their reactions to it and therefore, had no idea her sleazy boyfriend actually called her parents to listen in while he took their daughter's virginity.

God it was so hot. I LOVED IT!!!

That's the Deacon that I missed when Kanan joined Y&R.

Archived