OLTL: Discussion for the week of June 27

• Members

I know I might be alone but Im glad Farah got some actual airtime today instead of just laying there on a bed

No, I dont think she is even right about him. Rex isnt a gold digger and doestn care about the money. That was purely to stick ot to Clint bc honestly Clint has been so cruel to him, even now as his fiancee is dying. He doesnt want to just give Clint, Gigi's heart and a chance to go about living his life happy and normal as it was. He wants to make sure he suffers and having him lose everything is a way to make this deal a bit more balanced. I hate that he's doing it but I see why. I was with Natalie and understands why she feels compassion for what her brother is going through. Jessica was completely wrong for blasting her for giving a damn about Rex, especially since he and Shane are going through their own grief. Jessica loses her inheritence. Big deal. They lose their fiancee and mother. She's a selfish bitch

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jessica is being written and played on the Jess/Tess fence right now and it is not really a good look. She seems less like an empowered, Tess-injected Jessica and just more like a spoiled, petulant rich girl. Are they trying to make us dislike Jessica now so we will hope and pray for Tess' return?

• Members

Most likely :rolleyes: I'm glad we saw some softening of Jessica's resolve against Brody today and Viki telling her the illness hurts those around her as much as it does her. Has Jessica always been played as so self-righteous and entitled? I never noticed it before but I also don't think they were prevalent character traits before recently.

• Members

I think the part where Messica said that Natalie is just like Rex and all of that was wrong. I think the fact Rex took everything was ridiculous and offensive. I feel like they are making the character unsympathetic. Watching victims become bullies is not a good lesson.

• Members

No! Her first sign of less than squeaky clean behavior was when she started giving Viki lip in her rebellious teens after Viki got with Sloan and she later got her outlet in best bud Kelly. She was understandably prickly at times when the Mitch/Natalie stuff hit, and again, pretty understandably up on her horse with Jared and Natalie when Nash died. But she was never imo so complacent with her bitterness as she seems to be now. I honestly see her less brokenhearted as feeling self-righteously betrayed.

• Members

yeah she's being a super bitch, even more so than usual. I think they might be attributing this to Tess bc she's been acting more like Tess since coming back. Tess, we saw this year was more about being funny in an insensitive and selfish manner. They played her up for laughs and comedy. That was not who Tess is. Jess we are seeing now, bitchy, ruthless, out for revenge; well that is more in line with Tess from 2008. I just think the writers dont know how the hell to write for her and are VERY inconsistent with the personality of Jessica and the potrayal of her alters

• Members

Rex has spent all of his years in Llanview sniffing after money. The glee he had about that ring,

seem like more than just sticking it to Clint. Ultimately Clint will go on with his life just fine - meanwhile, Rex has sold Gigi like old scrap metal, and is living high off the profits. I think he was just looking for an excuse to justify his greed.

I also haven't seen any hint that he cares about Shane or what Shane is going through, but then, that's not a surprise.

• Members

They're probably doing this because they want us to root for Tess and to see the character is only truly at peace when she's assaulting nuns with Ford.

Even only last year he was taking big money from Kelly and from Clint.

• Members
With or without Tess, the Jessica character doesnt have much to root for. I already knew Id rather have Tess stay out then go back to this idiot.

He was hired by Kelly to do a job. He's a PI and Kelly gave him a case. He didnt take any money from Clint. I stand by the statement that he hasnt been portrayed as a gold digger in years. He has not beenlooking for scams and ways to exploit rich people. That was him early on, but not so much in recent times

Archived