B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Based on the [limited clips] I have seen: Lane Davies was the perfect Ridge recast, and I almost wish he had remained in the role.

From what I've read, reception of the Deveney storyline was not positive. But, I do believe, in latter years, it became something I do believe fans wanted to see re-visited.
I think it was a major missed opportunity to have a Deveney return, with a completely re-structured face to try and lure her way back into Stephanie's orbit via Thorne.
Hell, even following Stephanie's death, it should've been an open-door for Deveney to go back to Los Angeles and try to wiggle her way into the Forrester family, as seeking revenge.

• Members

Interesting it’s been so long, I may be misremembering Margo stealing it for Jake to sell(or am I thinking of something it?). I definitely recall they left town over it together, especially right after Margo had affair behind Bill Sr’s back with Taylor’s ex husband. 

Hard to believe it almost 30 years ago I’d love to see it again for sure too. 

• Members

CRAZY SH*T

When B&B airs on the Middle Eastern channel MBS (?) it usually lasts 15 minutes only as well. But that's because they cut out all the sex scenes and cursing etc. LOL They dod not bother with the episodic structure.

Mediaset and RAI in Italy on the other hand. They always butchered Y&R, Guiding Light and DAYS into 40 (?) minutes including commercials, so that everything was out of sync and did not resemble the US broadcasts at all. I didn't know that they also do this for B&B. Considering that B&B nowadays has a lot more space for commercial time than most European outlets squeeze into a TV show of 30 minutes, this is even more puzzling.

PS: does anybody know if Mediaset shows NEW episodes on Saturdays and Sundays or is it an "omnibus" style / weekend catch-up/rerun?

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

@slick jonesFor your soap hoppers/connection data base:

Marnie Andrews (I) https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0028766/ who played Betsy Kensington on GH did guest star on B&B in October 1991 as Sally's Lamaze Class Teacher. Allegedly (but without any IMdB credit: B&B's Meave Quinlan (ex-Megan Conley) did also play Betsy Kensington not sure if as a temp or if she was recast by this actress).

Edited by sheilaforever