B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Shout-out to all Trivia and History Buffs out there!

In Episode 1131 from September 1991 there is - to my recollection the first hint that B&B and Y&R exist in the same universe - because Thorne and Jake talk about FENMORE'S Department stores. Little did we know that 12 months later, Sheila & Lauren would collide on B&B!?

• Members

I read that In the 4th of July episodes that year both Y&R and B&B made references that acknowledge they are in the same universe. Leanna does say to Rex she’s wearing a “Sally Spectra” suit and I think Macy also mentioned Fenmores to Jake in that episode. 

• Members

That's brilliant, yet something we will overlook LOL

I believe it's twitter superfan Matt Hanvey who sells them, and gave one to KKL as a gift. Susan seemed to get a laugh out of seeing the top! It was so wonderful seeing all of them together like this. I really miss Stephanie, and even though I dislike Ridge as a character, the reunion kind of made me miss his Ridge too.

In my B&B re-watch I've just watched Deveney Dixon's (Angela Forrester) final, abrupt exit.

Does anyone know why that storyline was ceremoniously dropped like a hot potato, never to be mentioned again? This was my first time viewing it as I missed it on original airing while on vacation. I knew it would end abruptly from what I'd been told, but this to me would have to count as B&B's first major storyline that was just dismissed like it never happened. Angela Who? 

I wonder if they would dare to bring the character back after all these years to perhaps wreak vengeance on Stephanie's namesake. Could make for a great story...not that most viewers would have been watching way back in 1989, so it's unlikely we will ever see Deveney again (even if re-cast)!

Edited by BoldKara

• Members

I like TK and his Ridge is a richer character but I like to pretend he is just a different character who arrived after something happened to the original. You can literally picture everything that has happened to Ridge since TK took over happening to Nick and making more sense.
There was not much to like in the original, certainly not the acting, but he still was Ridge, stiff pompous wishy-washiness and all. 
I remember reading lots of blind items in the year before it happened (that only became clear after the fact that it was about RM) that a certain producer was putting out feelers to an actor he had in mind and thus calling the chicken game of a certain diva actor who was certain his "iconic" role could never be recast and was being a pain.
Talk about a "I am walking out unless..." that seriously backfired but to be fair, I would not have bet a dime on BB having the guts to recast AND finding a way for the recast to work and still be there 8 years later (!).
I also expected, frankly, TK to get bored but I guess, like Heather Tom, the work must be really comfortable for older actors who want to earn a living acting but are kind of over the hustle.

• Members

That was a funny story Ronn Moss told about calling Susan “mother” when they first met and her telling him seriously to “never call her that!” Im glad he found it hilarious because I’d probably want to avoid SF like the plaque if I had that awkward of a first encounter. Im glad they are all so close though!

• Members

Y&R episode of Friday December 22, 1989. Bill Bell had Marge watch B&B since it was his other show, but I guess he wasn't thinking ahead to potential crossovers at that time. 

Was this when Bradley was trying to recast Ridge with Peter Reckell?