AMC: Actress RETURNING

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see Robin Christopher returning either. The character is too closely associated with GH these days anyway. I'm hoping that Canary and Barr are givens, though as time goes on and with no news, I'm growing less and less confident. My hope is that since the already-announced returns are essentially cameos, they're waiting to announce the more substantive returns like Canary and Barr until proper story can be written. Don't they tape the final show end of July?

• Members

I think it would be good if Robin Christopher reprised Skye in Pine Valley, as a Chandler, one last time. She did originate there... and as much as GH wanted her (and how many fans she earned because of it), it was an awful and senseless retcon to make her *not* Adam's daughter. It would be awesome if they could just "undo" that... send Skye a note from Rae's death bed saying, "well, actually, a drunken Adam and I got horizontal, too... at first I didn't want to say anything because, well, I didn't want to look like a big'ol slut... but he IS your father, after all. Sorry for the wild goose chase, girl!"

Anyway... she isn't a given to come back as are others. But it would be nice to see her just one more time, with the one family that she actually had without question.

• Members

I want them to undo that retcon too. Id have had it go that Althea got rid of the baby when she was born as she and Adam split. When they reunited, she had him adopt Skye bc she was scared to tell him the truth of what she had done. Dont know how they could go about explaning that in such a short window but it was a travesty what was done to her paternity

Robin C would be my first choice but Id take Carrie as well. I really just want to see Skye with Adam one last time. Seeing all Chandler kids together for the first time would be a nice way to close that family out

• Members

Carrie Genzel's dismissal was one of the bizarro moments of AMC history... Her hiring and the decision to recast Skye was one of the last moves under former EP Felicia Behr (along with Broderick head writing, of course). There's no telling if Francesca James, who had taken over as EP, just wasn't keen on Skye or Genzel... It was certainly something out of left-field, as Genzel - while not a clone of Robin - was just a natural fit for the role... and was immediately good with every single co-star she shared a scene with. Frankly, I woudn't mind seeing her back, either. Obviously, LB was fond of the character... heck, she co-created Skye with former co-head writer Wisner Washam. But she isn't the only decision-maker at AMC, unfortunately, so...

• Members

I want answers about Skye's paternity as well. I would like if she was truly a Chandler, but it seems unlikely that they will invest in doing that before the show ends. So if not, can we make her a real Quartermaine? I will take either. I just hate that Skye's entire identity was retconned into limbo.

• Members

This is very nice news. Just seeing Carol Burnett regardless of program brings back a flood of fun, warm memories for a lot of viewers. Verla is Agnes Nixon's All My Children. Too bad Damon's not still on, he could have me his aunt.

Carol in scenes with Jill is a lot like Ted Shackelford in scenes with Judith Chapman.

Archived