The Live Daytime Emmys Thread

Soapsuds

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Michael Park is trending!

But anyway. I'm going to need someone - anyone - to come out and speak against the systematic destruction of daytime television. Someone has to be in this once-mighty phenomenon's corner. Daytime was once a vibrant, lively, amazing, confident, proud part of television, but it's not anymore.

• Members

ANYONE should've won over Laura Wright. ANYONE. I wanted so badly for Alicia to win but I would've been happy for any other Actress except for ratchet Laura Wright angry.gifdry.gif

I can see why the voters chose Brittany Allen after the reel she submitted. It's still a joke that she won, though...LOL seriously.

Scott Clifton deserved his award as did Jonathan Jackson.

I was surprised by Heather Tom's win, unfortunately didn't see her performance but I'm sure she deserved it. I thought for sure Tricia would take it though for Y&R. I wanted MCE to win though.

B&B deserved the best show win to me even though I really wanted AMC to take it.

• Members

She won partly bc there was NO competition. How is it that each category has at least 5 nominees but hers only had 3? Its not like there werent enough young actresses in daytime. Kimberly Matula and Jacqueline Macinness Wood should have been there. Even Molly from Days. The nomination process was screwed up

• Members

I wonder just how much longer they will let the Daytime Emmys continue, whether they are broadcast or not....there just aren't that many soaps left. Couldn't you image if it got down to just B&B and Y&R competing against one another for every award? :P

Archived