AMC Wednesday, June 15, 2011

• Members

Overall, it was another good episode.

I loved Opal's reaction when she realized they left the hair dye in too long and his hair was blue! Cara asking Tad why he was dressed as the unabomber later on made me laugh, too.

While I could do without Asher & Caleb, I did like the juxtaposition of their scenes with Liza & Colby. It seems stupid though for Caleb to still be threatening JR about taking over his business when clearly the writers had no story there.

I like how Bianca's helping JR by telling him what would please Marissa, proving just how much she belongs with her instead.

So, Amanda does have 2 brain cells to rub together! I was pleasantly surprised that she figured out Jake & Cara were lying by their behavior.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's more like it. She did excellent work in depicting that backstory 13 years ago. Also during that time was when she did an excellent job when Erica found Opal after Palmer locked her in his secret room. Things like that frustrate me because you see the depth of her talents -- yet she doesn't get to use even a fraction of it on this show because all Opal's used for is comic relief or Erica's lapdog when Jackson's not available.

• Members

I remember when they brought on Tom Wopat for a brief time to show interest in Opal. The idea was just to make Palmer jealous but I thought he was just perfect for her.

The Adrian story never worked for me. I could never make the existence of Adrian mesh with the fairly overt racism exhibited by Dorothy Lyman's Opal all those years ago.

Archived