OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 30

• Members

And another thing that continues to be irritating are the inane plot twists that lead to nowhere....

Schuyler is Roxy's son. Rex is Walter Balsom's...no wait, he's Mitch's, no he's Charlie's, no wait, he's Clint's. Theo and Darren are brothers. Destiny is really Greg's daughter. Everyone suddenly thinks David is so menacing because he's now a Buchanan. I mean, there's no real point to any of this stuff anymore....it makes no difference because every bit of that (aside from Rex and Clint bullcrap) has already been swept under the rug.

It all makes about as much sense as Mitch's last stint in Llanview, although I did get a laugh out of his using Nash's rotting corpse as a scarecrow in that greenhouse, however. lol

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't even remember who Theo was! lol. And actually that's one of my main probs--we have all these secrets ending in big revelations about who's related to who, etc--and inevitably it goes nowhere, or is dropped. The Destiny thing is a good example--as I said elsewhere has she even mentioned Greg? Where is she living? I mean I don't adore her and I didn't much liek Greg at all, but still as a viewer you hope for some sort of pay off at least.

• Members

Theo is the handsome black cop who appeared off and on for a few years. They used him a bit more after the big anti-gay crusade ABC Daytime went on in early 2010, since Fish was gone. Around this time Darren came in and we learned he and Theo were brothers. I don't remember if we have seen Theo anytime recently.

As always the writeups are more interesting than the reality...

http://www.soapcentral.com/oltl/whoswho/theo.php

• Members

Last night's new South Park episode reminded me of Jessica's current "DID" disaster, altho SP's writing and acting are much better IMO. It's just as medically-accurate as RC's cartoonish version of Jessica's DID and also bears no resemblance to the iconic version of DID Viki has. Surprisingly, the real cartoon's "personalities" don't have "funny" rhyming names.

"City Sushi" clip (15sec ad, 2:18min video):

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/387862/multiple-personalities

• Members

How long can they keep this up with a body double?? I read spoilers but must have missed that because it surprised me... anyways, they couldn't have had Thorsten back for one or two days just to finish this story out? I mean he's married to SH anyway it couldn't have been a huge pain to give him a few days off of AMC to tape OLTL...

Archived