OLTL: Discussion for the week of May 30

• Members

I mean it really doesn't make sense to me. I read on here that TK didn't enjoy playing Patrick, but c'mon. We are talking about a freaking married couple acting duo. Imagine Hayley playing a scene to the back of fake Mateo's head. ?? This is reminding me of when they had a shot from the back double for Kate on Petticoat Junction, just annoying and a little disturbing after a while. They cannot do a big heartfelt reunion with SH and the back of some dude's head which is making me feel like this may be very disappointing for Patrick/Marty fans if the actual reunion is off-screen or just really jacked up, i.e., SH carrying the whole thing like Luke talking to catatonic Laura minus actual shots of Patrick's face. Well, SH will deliver regardless, but...

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is zero reason why they couldn't have recast. Otherwise it's just a joke - as Laura's non-returns to GH were, when some fans began calling her "wig on a stick." This is the last time we will ever see Patrick or Marty and we haven't seen Patrick since 1997 - if you recast for a few days, who cares? There are many talented actors who are looking for work and they could easily do these scenes justice.

• Members

Exactly. But I still say get Thorsten, but maybe the double duty was vetoed because they didn't want to interfere with his AMC stint or didn't want to pay him. If either was the case, I say sucks to your assmar Piggy! The ships are both sinking, crank that PR machine with two splashy Thorsten appearances if he's so damn popular as they say he is. Eff the budget, TK AND RH back, those fangurls would be blowdrying their crotches. And if they did offer TK a chance to come back and HE said no to the chance of working with his wife again for perhaps the last time on television, I think that's pretty lame.

• Members

Its pointless to recast the role of Patrick just for a few days. They should have just worked on getting Thorsten back. If not him, then forget it. Besides what we are seeing onscreen doesnt lend itself to a Patrick/Marty reunion. They are writing her in a completely different direction. I suspect she will get locked away in St. Annes or another facility never to be seen again or killed off

• Members

Thorsten turned down a return, supposedly. If he did, then it becomes about what is best for the characters, if you're bringing him back. If you're bringing him back then I think that it makes a lot more sense to actually have an actor who can have a face and a voice instead of just having the back of Patrick Duke's head.

If they did bring him back and are still going to have Marty committed are killed then this show makes even less sense than usual. They should just stick to telling us that rape is love and having melting Ken dolls thrust their groin at the camera.

• Members

So Marty knows TSJ isn't Todd? I already hate the tale of two Todds...There's gotta be some damn good explanation why whomever TSJ turns out to be not only got another man's face but then used that other face to be ANOTHER man and cared so much about this other guy...and then there's Toe Moss...God I hate this already. RC is a hack.

Archived