Y&R: Actress OUT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What makes me the most sad is the realization that we probably won't see most of these out of work soap actors again. Many of them will fade away because of the lack of scripted programming. The days of soap hopping are pretty much over. What's left other than guest bits on procedural shows? I've noticed several soap stars also popping up on the CW dramas. Still, there are only so many roles available. :(

• Members

I am just beside myself about this. Why? why? WHY? How could they possibly think this is a good idea? And reading that article infuriates me even more as I think about all the potential Diane could have had in the future as played by Maura. Maura seems so into the character and willing to do anything. It's a shame that they can't appreciate such an amazing actress.

• Members

Yes, she is class... and that's probably why she got booted. She didn't play dirty *cough*BraedenMorrowStafford*cough* nor kiss up egregiously to the PTB *cough*LeBlancStaffordBergman*cough* nor lobby 24/7 to get the role in the first place *cough*GoddardReigel*cough*. Poor Maura thought that professionalism, hard work and talent would go some way to consolidating her place on the show.

I do appreciate the fact that CLB, PB and MS went out of their way to welcome her and make her feel at home. I would have thought that MS in particular would view West as a rival on set, but I'm glad at least that there were a couple of people over there who were kind to her and making her feel part of Y&R.

I do hope she lands on a show I watch... this is my first time watching MW's acting on a day-by-day basis and she is, quite clearly, a mega STAR and true talent.

Archived