Y&R: Actress OUT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

they both need to be out but that doesnt change the fact that MW was miscast. Hopefully Eden will get her pink slip later this year. Shows tend to shy away from firing pregnant women, not unless they want to risk getting sued

• Members

There was nothing to "interpret". With Y&R's love of clinging to their tired assed triangles, there wasn't even a man available in town (any that got story anyway...). If it's true, Maura's better off out of that craphole.

But I'll miss seeing her twice a week.

• Members

I agree, Eden is a terrible recast (though Vail Bloom wasn't exactly an exciting presence either), but her situation is a bit different from Maura's IMO. They had Maura mixing it up with their A players from day 1, and she looked out of place. An actor needs to really work it to survive in that orbit. It just wasn't working, and they needed to cut their losses ASAP. Eden, on the other hand, is essentially a supporting character in the sphere of other wallpaperish characters. Yeah, she's miscast but it doesn't resonate as much IMO. She's more of an annoyance than anything else.

• Members

EVERYONE who joins Y&R is "miscast", because the show can't write worth a damn for anyone.

Diane was never a cheap whore. This is all Sheffer seems to see a woman as being. From the minute Diane returned to town, she was degraded and humiliated by one pig after another.

Once they ran out of men to degrade her, what was left?

I also wonder how much Josh Morrow had to do with this.

Either way, the status quo at Y&R wins yet again. And once again it will somehow be the fault of the talented actor who was screwed.

Eden was put into lead material immediately after her arrival. She had a big role in the stuff with Ronan and Chloe that took up a lot of airtime early on. They also threw her into scenes with Victor and Adam. It was only after she flopped, badly, and Eden got pregnant, that she had a little less to do.

• Members

Pretty silly considering she's been a lot better recieved that someone like Eden Riegel who has a job. West did a good job with what she was given, but the writing was all over the map which is why the character failed.

• Members

I think it was her daring to be in the middle of the Phick stuff that probably hurt her most. This seems very sudden - usually they would string an actor along for 3-4 more months then dump them. I think something went on backstage.

• Members

Nelson Branco said he needs to look into this. Apparently they had long term story plans for Diane, so something is up. I think it's clear watching the show they had continuing plans. They had plenty of time to figure out if they wanted to dump her in those early days.

• Members

Good grief, Carl... she screwed Jack on the night before his wedding and gloated about it. That's about as cheap as it gets. People just don't want to see anyone but Alex in this role, but we never DID get any real explanation as to why they didn't at least have Susan Walters in the role... she was quite passable, and had reprised the role a few months before the return of Diane to the canvas full time. I'd accept Susan with open arms at this point, althouhg Maura is a GREAT talent.. and it pisses me off that she's been wasted like this. (and BTW... that "next morning" scene on Jack's wedding day... HOTTEST homo-erotic scene ever with Doug Davidson and Michael Damian dragging a naked Terry Lester into the shower to sober him up. All three of them under the running water was HOT. I still remember it like it was yesterday, wish someone had it to put on youtube!)

• Members

She didn't go around sleeping with men she hated for money. To me that's essentially a cheap whore.

Big surprise there. Actually I AM surprised that anyone at Y&R has long-term story plans. I thought that just meant what Sheffer burps up at lunch.

I was surprised at how vocal and hostile Morrow was in the press. I have to wonder how much worse this may have been backstage.

Archived