Y&R: Actress OUT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still upset about MW's firing. Man, this is so wrong! Meanwhile, Feather is orgasma-breathing at the news that Chance is being deployed to Iraq and NotMalcolm is still... doing whateverthefuck he does.

Morrow, man, this was your chance to have a halfway-decent love interest and you totally BLEW it. Well done. Way to consolidate your position at Y&R. Enjoy babysitting Faith on the backburner for the next eight months.

• Members

Me too. If they had given her good material to work with, a story that made sense and then said it wasn't working, well fine. But they never gave her any of those things. It never seemed like they had a plan for Diane's return at all. Then just when I'm excited that she and Adam might cause some trouble, they go and fire the woman. I find this whole situation disappointing from start to finish.

• Members

They're very clever though, because they know that many people will just say, "Oh, she was miscast," as if she picked a character out of a hat. MAB/Sheffer/Hamner rarely get the blame, perhaps because the show is so poorly written that it's hard for people to believe anyone is actually in charge.

• Members

TO THE LAKE, DIANE!

I cackle with glee. Not b/c MW is out of a job, but b/c Y&R never should have hired her for this role; and if their big plans for Diane have fallen through, it's only b/c they simply had no idea how to write for her.

Bright side, though, is that MW is still in Los Angeles, where she might land gigs on primetime shows.

• Members

Is she pregnant AGAIN!? Or does her horrible stint on Y&R just feel liek eternity to me?

She really is the worst actress EVER to hit Y&R. Compared to her that Zima chic playing Daisy was Oscar worthy...

As for Maura West: she was ok. Not her fault for not clicking but realllllly bad writing. If it weren't for Tucker she'd be the most pointless written chareacter MAB & co have penned so far. Good luck to her, maybe Brad Bell will come up with a short-term role for her.

• Members

I can hear the spin already..."we have so many stories to tell. But we had this really GREAT chance to explore Tucker..."

UTTER CRAP. The only saving grace is that Y&R will probably be cancelled with a year or so anyway.

• Members

Wow, just when I'm finally warming up to Maura West as Diane they fire her. Amazing. I love Maura, loved Maura and Carly but it has taken me a long time to feel Maura as Diane. They've pretty much wasted West and I'd hate for Diane to die as MAB's latest death.

Unless Alex Donelley is back, this is more bad news for Y&R.

Archived