Y&R: Actress OUT

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I left the characters that I actually cared about on your list. If I ever actually believed that Pheila were Sheila, I'd count her too. I thought JiMin was killed off by Griffith/MAB, no?

Either way, the only major characters she killed were John & Dru. Dru was gone anyway and we all know she's out there somewhere. John at least still appears as a ghost and, like it or not, his death brought about some great story and much like Cassie's death, still impacts the characters on the canvas today!

MAB, on the other hand, has PERMANENTLY killed off Brad (Bradsicle, dead body found frozen under ice in the lake) and Colleen (heart given to Victor Newman of all people). I'm sure she's gonna make Diane's death just as permanent as those 2.

• Members

I forgot about Hope- another character that never should have been killed off permanently. I just LOVED her initial storyline with amnesiac Victor and when she ended up following him to GC. She interacted with Nikki in the most interesting and profound way- moreso than any other character in the history of the show IMO. It was obvious that she could see right through Nikki, which is sort of ironic I guess since she was blind. She had a way of putting Nikki on edge without even trying and it was fascinating to watch. I'm going to go look for a good youtube clip right now to see if I can illustrate this point, but I would think most viewers who watched her initial storyline would tend to agree with me.

But basically, the 2 characters that had a way of getting under Nikki's skin better than any others (Hope and Diane) will have been killed off by MAB. I guess you could count Sabrina too.

Watch out Ashley!

• Members

Awww, I miss those days. Thanks for posting these clips. What is funny, watching those clips, I remember loving Hope and Signy Coleman back in the day. But then I couldn't stand her portrayal of Annie on Guiding Light. She was horribly miscast, yes, and they should have just moved on from the over-used Annie after Cynthia Watros left. But one of the things that bugged me was this thing Signy Coleman would do with her mouth. At the time, I thought it was something that SC did to play "evil Annie." But now seeing these clips, I realize that this is just a personal trait/quirk of the actress. Strange how in one role, I never noticed this quirk and in another, it drove me nuts.

• Members

Oddly enough, I was already familiar with Signy from her role as Celeste on Santa Barbara and I too didn't like her in that part. But as Hope, I found her to be a refreshing addition to the cast and a unique character for daytime. It's a shame that she didn't receive an Emmy for her portrayal (Susan Haskell won in one of the most competitive Supporting Actress races of all-time).

• Members

Signy (like most of her female Y&R peers) never gets enough credit.

Hope would've been an extreme cliche (even with a good writer like Bill Bell at the helm) in the hands of a lesser actress.

Yet under Signy she became a genuine fan favorite.

Archived