Y&R: Actress OUT

• Members

And yet Eden Riegel, Stephen Nichols, Daniel Goddard, Christel Khalil, Darius McDreary, Greg Rikaart, Amelia Heinle, Billy Miller, Sean Patrick Flannery, and Julia Pace Mitchell continue to work.....

Seriously, F.U.C.K. THIS. SHOW.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Elaborate DeeDee, specifically about Maura. I've heard that she and Stafford get on quite well, so one would think that would put her with the "in" crowd. And Morrow's complaints have been more about the story than Maura herself. From what I've heard or read over the years, Morrow has nary a bad thing to say about anyone and is pretty laid back behind the scenes.

• Members

He basically went to the press to trash the story with Diane. I think he called the Nick/Diane story "sick." I've rarely heard him speak out that blatantly - usually it has just been more generic Phick pimping.

• Members

I co-sign to your post. I'm not sure why there always have to be finger pointing to the "in" crowd. Sharon Case is not a part of that crowd but she is generally driving stories. Maybe JM was not a fan of the story the way it was written but who was? It could be the writers just not thinking she fit in with their vision. Perhaps, in the end, they just didn't like her. The simpliest answer tends to be the correct one most of the time. It would stand to reason that if a great deal of fans were not loving her as Diane, perhaps other PTB didn't care for the final product either. Without it being the fault of Stafford or Morrow or Leblanc or anyone else that might be accused of ego problems, it could be she didn't work. Period.

• Members

Y&R writers have no agenda, other than anger towards women and the idea that quasi-rapist deadbeats are heroes.

Y&R always has so much going on backstage I can't imagine this is just a case of someone deciding it didn't work out. Not when her story involved several actors who aren't afraid to speak up.

• Members

I love her as Diane. I couldn't take my eyes off her when she was onscreen.

Y&R are idiots. Eden, Darius, Amelia, Daniel Whining Goddard, Stephen Nichols, heck, Greg Rikaart, all need to be gone before Maura.

Just when I have renewed faith in this show... they pull this [!@#$%^&*]. Seriously, if Morrow, Stafford or Bergman are behind this, I will be pissed. Let's gang up on the talented actors and leave the hopeless dead weight to stink up the screen? How is this any way to run a show?

• Members

Maura might not have been the previous version of Diane...but it was clear to me that Y&R wanted to reboot the character. Maura is more than capable of that. She fit in fine with Y&R's heavy hitters. EB actually looked giddy in scenes with her. TIIC just never chose a story for Diane and STUCK with it. I don't think the obvious lack of chemistry with Morrow helped, but TIIC should have realized he was tanking the pairing from the beginning.

It's not Maura's fault Y&R refused to capitalize on Diane's history and write a story. Don't tell me she just "wasn't Diane"...they didn't give her a chance to be Diane until about two weeks ago. She spent more time just standing in the background than Gayle King.

I hope they wanted her to stick around and go "recurring" and Maura told them to shove it. If Cracktoria and FlakedHeiress are the shining examples of womanhood on this show, they can shove it.

• Members

I still wonder if the bad casting was mostly on Sheffer getting to degrade a Maura character the way he never managed to at ATWT. I doubt he had any interest beyond that, and MAB probably heard that the blonde daughter from Gimme a Break might want to do a cameo, so she got distracted and just signed off on whatever. It's too bad, as Maura could have been a real asset to a show which has a cast that isn't exactly going great guns.

Archived