AMC: Multiple Early Exits

• Members

We heard it first from Fake-Trent Garret, but the new SOD confirms that "multiple" actors will be exiting AMC early so the show can focus its final days on core characters and a handful of returns.

So who do you think will go?

My thoughts:

Characters I could definitely see exiting early

Caleb

Asher

Maya

Griffin

Cara

Characters I am unsure about:

Brot

Randi

Frankie

Madison

Scott

Colby

Marissa

Krystal

David

Liza

Characters I think will stay until the end:

JR

Jesse

Jackson

Angie

Kendall

Dixie

Ryan

Erica

Bianca

Opal

Tad

Jake

Amanda

Greenlee

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well David is a ? a the moment. LB and AN love writing for him, but the Summer Preview say he figures out that Erica is really Jane, and is torn about what to do with the info. Unless that torn is simply whether or not to tell her loved ones...he could be killed off or jailed for helping Jane. We'll have to see. I lean toward him being part of the "good guys" in this one, but it's very possible that LB and AN could write him off.

• Members

David and Liza are my biggest uncertainties.

Regarding Liza, do AN and LB see Jamie Luner's Liza as the Liza Colby? If so she will probably stay, as she is a legacy character. If not, then she'll probably leave early.

For David my concern is that, as much as AN and LB have demonstrated they love the character of David, he doesn't have much story. In fact right now he has absolutely none. He doesn't have a real love interest. Maybe TPTB will follow through on the experimental surgery stuff with Angie, but maybe not. Him getting involved in the Jane stuff worries me. Him possibly having Dixie worries me.

• Members

We're just going to have see where the Jane stuff goes and is when he figures it out. We've got no real indication, except that he's suspicious of Erica the week of the 30th and at some point he figures it out. Unless Jane positions herself really well into town, and he believes he can teach her to be a better Erica...I don't see him being torn, in the villain sense. Well see. I'm not nearly as worried about him as I am Liza. I really don't think she'll make it til the end. Especially with Dixie back.

I think Caleb and Asher are donzo, KWAK might be too, it depends what they want for her when all of this is said and done.

I have a hunch that Scott and Madison might take off together after Sarah dies, and try to start over.

• Members

I'm glad to hear there will be multiple exits. Granted there's nobody on the show I really hate right now (other than Greenlee always and forever) but it's time to consolidate and focus.

The characters I see definitely/likely leaving are: Caleb, Asher, Maya, Griffin, Krystal, Colby, Amanda.

Other exits depend on whether we can get 1.) Who if anyone is behind Jane/Zach/Dixie. I consider that to be the biggest wildcard right now; and/or 2)Getting Adam/Brooke back for a significant stint or just for a wedding. For example, if Adam comes back for a while great. If he doesn't, they can write Scott, Madison, JR and Marissa out early and focus on the Hubbards.

As for VI, I would be shocked if he isn't already in talks with another soap. Wasn't he on Y&R? The guy is a proven professional with a decent fanbase. Not a crazy one but one that has watched him in a bunch of different roles since Lujack on GL. He's talented and respected. In fact if there is such a thing as a soap pedigree, I think VI has it. My personal wish for him would be to finally break out of soaps and get a nice recurring role on a primetime show. But it is well documented that I am a "snob."

• Members

I think if they want David around til the end, VI will stick around til the end. He really does love playing David. It's just a matter of what they're going to do with him and this Jane stuff. There's not enough time to redeem him, if he could be redeemed, should he help Jane keep Erica captive. So IMO we'll have our answer when we find out what "torn about what to do with the info" actually means. Right now, I think he'll be around til the final credits roll in September, but that's definitely subject to change should he help Jane in anyway.

• Members

Fake or "fake" Twitter accounts and arguable slips of the tongue still have me thinking Asher and Amanda are gone. I wouldn't count Maya out depending on how long the Ellie denouement and fallout take. Wouldn't it be brass balls if that was one of the stories they left untied?

• Members

I think Griffin, Caleb, Asher, Krystal, and Colby are probably gone. Not sure about the rest but I think Cara will be here till the end if they put her with Jake.

I could also see Scott and Madison getting a happy, but early, ending. They'd be the easiest to write off happily as a result of the current storylines.

• Members

I don't think there's going to be any fallout with Maya. I think she's going to find out that J&A have her baby and be happy that her child has a good home right before she dies an untimely death and I think Jesse's going to keep the secret forever because now Lucy has no one.

Archived