American Idol

Toups

• Members

WOW I must be the only one that thought the guys were worst then the girls overall. I thought the same last week too. The girls were bland last night but tonight everyone but Chris, Gideon, and Elliot were off key and horrendously boring. I don't why so many girls and guys picked ballads this week. Well here is my opinions on the guys:

Taylor-Not a bad song choice but he was off key alot and he drove me nuts during the song with the body movements and the constant screeching "Yeahs". He isn't going anywhere but he needs to tone it down on his movements and his performing. He is a great performer I just felt he did way too much of it tonight and his vocals suffered. I do appreciate him throwing himself into every song and performance though.

Elliot-Took a risk and it paid off. I was very entertained and this is the second straight week he has impressed. Liked him alot and his vocals were effortless.

Ace-Boring and all over the place, much like one of my faves Mandisa last night only less entertaining. Picked a great song but his vocals went in and out and I agree with his own assessment about his voice being worn out. That is what I think happened but he isn't going anywhere. He has what it takes but he needs to make sure he doesn;t overdo his preparation and needs to pick songs that show his true range as a performer.

Kevin-The judges were being nice. This was horrible and annoying. This kid is so overrated and I have no doubt he will be safe because many people find him likeable and cute. I can't beleive they gave this kid decent responses but totally thrashed Will. Nonetheless, he is overrated and his vocals sucked. It was like something you would see at Disney World during a talent search on a stage at Magic Kingdom. Just a disaster IMO.

Will-Wasn't bad but the song was bland (which goes back to my point of way too many people picking ballads which drowns out someone who may actually do well with one). The judges were very hypocritical and he should have said something since I could tell he wanted too. They can;t tell him one thing last week and then tell him to go back to what they didn't want. He must be so frustrated. Nonetheless, he wasn't that good but he wasn;t horrible. The song choice was bad for me though and I still can't get past him looking like Bobby Brady.

David-Horrible. He should go team up with John Stevens (who was more entertaining oddly). Nothing appealing at all. His singing so doesn't fit his age or looks and it comes off so bad for me. He should go home because last week he showed he couldn't handle the pressure (he looked like he was crying) and this week he seemed like he had zero confidence and look teary-eyed again. He should go tomarrow no doubt.

Sway-Didn't like him last week when he was almost eliminated and I didn't like him this week. Another overrated one and this week he was so bland and generic. Nothing original about it and I wouldn't be surprised if he went and I actually hope he does.

Gideon-I don't like him or his personality (way too overconfident for me) but he impressed me tonight. I don't know if he is very likeable with that annoying smile and attitude but he should stick around if we are talking about his vocals and performance.

Chris-He is my fave and tonight was his big moment to shine. Incredible and chill-inducing. The first big performance yet of the competition. The closest ones were Paris and Lisa from last week and Ayla and Kellie from this week and now Chris alos this weel. He is so likeable with his backstory and all and now he just blew me away. This is one person that deserves to go all the way. You can tells he works so hard and I think he will be this year's Bo, who also had a awesome performance like this early on last year. Love him.

Overall, the girls are so much better as a whole. The guys have been flat for two straight weeks except for a few exceptions. I am not sure what you guys heard lol but I see it this way. Maybe by TV was screwed up but everyone I know and watch with thought the girls were better but I guess it depends on how you see it. Chris has been the only one though that has had one of those standout performances though IMO.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IMHO I think Elliot, Chris, and Tyler owned the show tonight. Elliot however won me over though. I will be rooting for him. Will and Gideon were pretty good too. Ace being a disappointment tonight didn't come as a shock to me. I didn't think his singing was all that great last week.

I find myself agreeing with Simon more and more lately. Is everyone in La La land where Kevin is concerned? I thought his performane last week was horrible, and I thought tonight's performance was just as horrible.

One more thing. Tyler was pretty good tonight, but I wish he quit with his mannerisms while on stage. I found it quite distracting.

• Members

I have to say I respectfully resent that.

The truth is, things that seem normal to you or me just AREN'T known by everyone. It's a fact. And to be perfectly honest with you? I've had a somewhat priveleged life and I'm more cultured than most my age and can tell you this: I didn't know what Calimari was until last year. I'm 23 for goodness sake.

She very well CAN be a "country bumpkin" who doesn't know about all that other stuff. Please don't write her off as some impostor just because she's had a more sheltered life. And I ask that of all of you. I don't believe Kellie is playing this up for one minute. She seems the most genuine.

Thanks. I agree. :)

• Members

God, I think this was the worst (at least the most BORING) week of A.I. EVER!

Chris was, by FAR, the best this week of all 20.

She's never heard of SPINACH SALAD!? Please. If you don't admit that she's playing up the act for America AT LEAST A LITTLE BIT then....wow!

• Members

Again, I have to disagree. I mean, if she never heard of spinach, yes. Definitely. !@#$%^&*] would be toast. And if she lied about never hearing about SALAD?! Well, honey, I'd PERSONALLY go to Hollywood to picket outside the studio for her removal from the competition. But Spinach Salad? Well, who's to say? Quite frankly, I've heard of it, but I have never had it. It actually sounds disgusting. So who WOULD want to know about that [!@#$%^&*]? :blink:

• Members

Honey, I'm from bumfuck West Virginia and I've known what the hell calamari, escargots, and mussels were since I was a kid.

If she is playing the "country bumpkin" card, It's working for her.

Now Bucky on the other hand.... He's a true hillbilly country bumpkin. "I'll take a biscuit and some IIIIced Tea" :lol:

btw Kellie's fave place to eat is a Thai restuarant in NC www.lycuisine.com They even had pictures with her but have since been taken down because of AI

• Members

My fave in the guys tonight were definitely Gedeon, Elliot and Chris. These three had the best performances in my opinion. I definitely liked Gideon's performance the most. I actually liked Will's performance as well. I think he really did well on that song. Taylor lost his edge from last week. He was not so good tonight. The worst were Ace and David. I like Ace but he didn't sing that Daniel Bedingfield song good, which is a shame because I love that song. But I think the two guys that will be departing is David and Sway. Did anyone notice how pissed David seemed to be when the judges were critiquing him.

With the girls, I think Lisa had the best performance. She is definitely my fave in the females. Paris, Mandisa and Ayla were also really great. Heather sucked. She made the stupidest song choice. The minute I heard her selection, I knew that she doesn't have the vocal chops to do that song justice. She made a stupid error. I think Brenna is entertaining...yes she's full of attitude but I don't think she is a !@#$%^&*]. I actually suspect that she is a really nice person, she just has attitude and spunk. Her performance was not as bad as the judges went on to say. I think Brenna and Heather are taking off.

Here is my ranking on who I like overall in the guys and in the girls...

Guys...

1. Elliot

2. Chris

3. Ace

4. Gedeon

5. Taylor

6. Kevin

7. Will

8. Sway

9. Bucky

10. David

Girls...

1. Lisa

2. Paris

3. Mandisa

4. Ayla

5. Katharine

6. Melissa

7. Kinnik

8. Brenna

9. Kellie

10. Heather

• Members

Okay, prediction time again.

GOING HOME:

Sway

David (although any one of Will, Sway, Gideon or Bucky wouldn't surprise me)

Kinnik

Heather

(although if one of them is spared to get rid of Brenna, that wouldn't surprise me, either)

• Members

I think the girls stink. I like Mandisa, Lisa, Paris and Katharine, but I still prefer all the guys. Heather and Brenna should be out. Heather has a Deana Carter type thin voice and should not take on Mariah songs.

Chris has been my fave since I first saw him audition. He knows what he's all about.

Someone called Elliott effortless and that is the perfect word. His voice is amazing and he doesn't look like he's struggling to hit the notes like some.

I love Taylor and think he did a good job last night but I didn't love the song choice.

Will's "Lady" was great. I was shocked all three judges trashed him. Paul and Randy completed Ace's horrid performance but Will was spot on. Obviously they want Ace to continue on the show. Last week, Will sang a fun, upbeat song so he slowed it down this week.

I loved Kevin's performance. I feel like he hits the notes which is more than I can say for some of these people.

I think David is so cute. Last week, the judges told him to go back to his comfort zone, so he did and they trashed it. I thought he was awesome.

I can't stand Gedeon but he did a good job last night.

Bucky was good last week and even better this week. He changed up The Thunder Rolls and made it a more difficult song to sing. Nice job.

Sway. What can I say? He was the worst by far and he will surely be gone tonight. The other guy out will probably be David, but I wish it would be Gedeon.

• Members

Chris Daughtry was the best of the night (again), loved his version of Fuel's song. I hope he wins the competition.

Also Elliott Yamin was very good with "Moody's Blues'. Also liked Taylor Hicks verison of the Commodores "Easy". I als liked Bucky Covington's version of Garth Brooks's "The Thunder Rolls". Also liked Will Makar's version of "Lady" by Kenny Rogers.

Gedeon & Kevin were also good. Also liked David, but he is boring.

I thought Sway was a lot better than last week, but I pick him to go and I guess David, or maybe Kevin since I can't see him as a star.

It's a shame that the worst 4 all around aren't the ones who will get kicked off, if so, I think at least 3 of the 4 worst would be women.

• Members

Chris was awesome!! Way better than Ace!! I can see Chris winning idol!! He has quite the nice huge package too!! ;)B):P HHhmmmm!! David is a goner i hope!! That guy is the pits and too one sided in signing!! Come on America...get the guy out of there already!! Yeah he is cute and all...but is the pits!! I think Heather, David,Kinnek, and Sway will all go tonight!

Archived