Smash: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was Karen "wowing" the congregation at Sam's church. Even though Sam, a member of that congregation since he was a baby, came home to visit. Apparently, the show decided to give him one verse then hand the entire rest of the number over to Karen who proceeded to turn into a member of the Winans Family.

It was just more of the "Isn't Karen faaaaaabulous?" garbage that I have grown sick to death of.

• Members

LOL! That's exactly how I feel about Karen. I get Ivy. I understand her motivation. Karen's character was summed up for me by her line to Rebecca, "I guess I'm just not as ambitious as everybody else." No, honey, you sure aren't.

• Members

if sleeping your way into roles, hooking up with other peoples boyfriends, being a needy, desprate, whinny, entitled, obnoxious bitch because you feel you deserve better is ambitious, then i am glad Karen isnt as ambitious as Ivy.

• Members

Argh! I don't want to fight with you Jack. You're one of my favorite posters. So let's agree to disagree, sing Rhianna in Times Square like our respective girls did and find some common ground.

Here's something I think we can all agree on: Leo sucks. tongue.png

• Members

The only thing about Ivy and that bottle of pills is she wont die. She is such a desperate, entitled, pathetic try hard.

Karen was great. I need her and the producers whos name i can never remember to hook up.

Hopefully we never see the worst character since JarJar Binks, Ellis, again.

• Members

Not just her winning. The idea that she's so amazing, so talented, so superhuman that she could go from being an understudy who wasn't even paying attention to the changes in the show to learning everything, including a brand new song, in a single afternoon. It was her unprofessional hissy fit. It was Derek being a complete ass to Eileen. It was the idea that Tom and Julia could write a whole new ending and have that ending completely staged fifteen minutes prior to the show opening. I spent the entire episode screaming "WTF?!" at the screen. Everything leading up the performance was ridiculous but sitting through Karen standing on stage while Ivy was in the dressing room with a bottle of pills was just too much heavy-handed "You WILL love Karen" bullshit.

Somebody on another board said it perfectly. Smash wasn't Team Karen vs. Team Ivy. It was Team Broadway vs. Team Hollywood. I'm Team Broadway.

Archived