Smash: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes. I don't think "The Voice" was going to give it much of a boost especially with an hour separation but with them not even chancing giving them the slot? On top of that, they've already seen what it can do without some people forgetting to change the channel after "The Voice" which is not particularly much. Too much money spent on production for those ratings to even phantom extending them beyond the end of the second season.

NBC Schedule Changes NBC has announced the following schedule changes: Ready For Love

• Will now air Tuesdays, beginning April 9 (9-11 p.m. ET) following “The Voice.”

CELEBRITY Apprentice

• Beginning April 14 (9-11 p.m ET) will be expanded to two hours through the end of May.

The Voice

• Will air encore episodes on Sunday, March 31 and Sunday, April 7 (7-10 p.m. ET), leading into original episodes of “The Celebrity Apprentice” (10-11 p.m. ET)

Go On

• Moves to Thursdays on April 4 and April 11, which will be the season’s final episode. Both episodes will air at 9:30-10 p.m. ET following “The Office.”

The New Normal

• One-hour season finale on Tuesday, April 2 (9-10 p.m. ET) following “The Voice.”

SMASH

• Moves to Saturdays at 9 p.m. beginning April 6 and will air its entire season of 17 episodes.

Whitney

• Will have a one-hour season finale on Wednesday, March 27 (8-9 p.m. ET).

• Members

Probably something cheaper to produce than Smash.

Like these shows which have better ratings and are for the most part cheaper to produce.

I do love that Parenthood is going to survive. Every year this little show that can in terms of writing is scheduled to be beheaded and it just survives.

At least one of their 2013-2014 new picked-up pilots may do well.

• Members

Who knows how Revolution is going to do at this point, I can't believe NBC took it off the air for 4 months and hasn't aired any repeats. What a weird strategy.

I still can't believe this terrible show costs 4 million an episode. I mean, I can because of shooting in NY, the star salaries, the songs and all the staging but at this same time, that much money for a finished product that's just so so bad boggles my mind.

• Members

NYC isn't all that expensive to shot in it, So u are incorrect. The city gives out massive tax credits to these shows to film in its city. Hence you been seeing many more shows been filmed in NYC than ever before a less dramas being filmed in LA. If u look at CBS, pretty much almost all their dramas are filmed in NYC.

As for revolution, it lost steam before its break. I don't expect it to have that big of ratings wen it returns.

Archived