OLTL: Jessica New Alters Name

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And for the record the rhyme scheme has only further cheapened this knockoff of her mother's s/l. Tess is fine (Viki/Niki) but Bess should have been a play on "Viki" like "Vivi" or something as Jean was a play on Eugenia (Viki's mother aka the absent protector).

• Members

Right... Why so much effort into name rhyming when the point was to have an alter that was logic-based, authority figure? Like you said, it could have been inspired by Victoria herself - or any person (or name) that Jessica could have viewed as reflecting a gate-keeper. Oh, well... I guess we can tell ourselves that Jessica's fractured pshychie puts a WHOLE LOT of importance on the rhyming factor. It's something else she can lash out at Viki (Niki) for!

• Members

Let's see:

There's "Jess," the "waking self."

There's "Tess," the sexed-up alter whom Jess created in order to deal with the molestation.

And there's "Bess," the so-called "gatekeeper," who is there primarily to keep the others in control.

"Wes," IMO, should be the one who's all about the rage - or at least the one who lashes out at the rest for trying to hurt "Jess" and "Tess." So, not only should "Wes" try and bust up Joey and Aubrey's relationship, but "he" should go after Natalie, Brody, Ford, and even Viki as well.

But...probably not. :rolleyes:

• Members

BW can do very good work. I thought the Jess/Tess integration scenes were excellent. I think that she needs a strong director and a lot of rehearsal, neither of which soaps have anymore. Unfortunately, now the Jess Mess is the result of RC's love of camp and lackof skill, BW's boredom with playing Jessica, past writers desire to prop their own pets (Natalie, Antonio, Nash, etc...) and Frons' priapism.

• Members

Abso-freaking-lutely. They would have fired Bree Williamson and replaced her with the next young teenage boy they want to make happen. The doctors would say that there's absolutely nothing they could do, and everyone would go along with it, no questions asked. God forbid this sh!tty show to live because somewhere down the line, Jessica would rape and impregnate her own daughter.

The issue is that this show sucks. They take serious issues and play them for what they want to play them for. WHY IN THE HELL is Natalie and Joey having scenes with Tess as if she's their real sister? As if she's a real person?

Just get out with this nonsense. Out! And you got Nelson cracking jokes about how Obama should have announced OLTL's safety during the bin Laden speech last night. GET OUT. PLEASE!

• Members

I wish they'd go darker and more serious with the whole thing and do some alters that aren't direct copies of Viki's. For instance say there was the added dimension of other kids that Norman (thank you) abused too that Jessica remembers seeing either in the flesh or in pictures in the hotel room... the girl with the sweet smile and the sad green eyes and dirty brown hair... that girl looked nice but she was dirty and she probaly deserved it... she probably liked it (this is Jessica's little girl brain at work). Maybe a super sweet (sweeter than "normal" Jess) self-mutilating unkempt nice girl who gives sex away like hugs and kisses. :wub: I dunno. Just something... more challenging and original.

• Members

Not a lot of depth, but certainly more than this new alter of Jessica's. I always forget that Victor was one of Viki's alters. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to have Jessica morph into Mitch Laurence since they like copying the past DID story.

Archived