DAYS: May Discussion Thread

• Members

Well Carly used her passport to get the pills and that had her real name, Katerina on it. I even posted a pic when it aired...lol.

I HATE Taylor. I didnt like the character before when she was played by the brunette and then NL, but I absolutely ABHOR the character with Tamara in the role. She's gotten so much more smug, sanctimonious and bold. I REALLY wanted to see Nicole pull some hair and beat her down, for the sake of my own sanity bc I wanted to go through the tv screen and do it myself. Someone needs to knock her off her pedestal bc she is the worst kind of saint, who acts like her sh-t dont stink. How dare she call Nicole out on ruining her own life. No bitch, Nicole was genuinely happyn till you came around, lied and snuck around behind her back with her husband. They were in the woods....Nicole should have killed her and gotten rid of the body.

I loved how Sami called Caroline out on her cheating history bc I was thinking the same thing when she was going off about Rafe with her hypocrisy. Oh sit down granny.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:( See I don't even remember that LOL...shows how much I pay attention to DAYS these DAYS (not very much)...hurry up nuWriters!!

Yeah there's nothing to like about Taylor, all she is is a pathetic bitch lol...I hope/think things will change a bit when she finds out what EJ really did (with Rafe) and realizes he's the main reason her mother died.

• Members

speaking of which, maybe some old timers can help us out here. How did she get the name Carly Manning? That doesnt even sound like Katerina von whatever. Is Carly Manning her legal name? If not, then why is she still going by it?

• Members

OMG, Toups....did Higley really have her say that? That is just so pathetic. I knew DH hated MA/Jack, but that's over the top, even for her. Then again, if you want to know how Higley felt about MA/Jack, just watch the 2003 J&J wedding. It was the worst wedding in daytime history, and deliberately designed to be so. The vows were edited out, Abby dominated the ceremony and Jack basically proclaimed that the first marriage was a mistake because he wasn't worthy.

Also, they almost got Steve and Kayla back at the time and J&J were perfectly set up to find Steve on their honeymoon in Hawaii. But instead Dena was planning to have Bo find him in Texas, even Bo was already busy with another story (stupid though the story was) which would have had to be interrupted. She wasn't going to let Jack near the biggest story on the show. The first thing she did when she became HW was undo all the character development that had gradually been developed under Brash/Cwigly and turn Jack back into a clown. J&J were on once a month, and even then, only on ITH.

The best J&J writing during the second run was in the final two weeks when Anne Schoettle ( who wrote their story back in the heyday) was brought back to see them off. The time of Colin's murder was pretty good too.

Jack Deveraux not caring about his daughter's grades is about as opposite from Jack as you can get.

BTW, Dena also obliterated Brady/Chloe in their final months. She was quite obviously a bitter Phillip/Chloe fan who couldn't accept her defeat in the Broe/Phloe wars. She saw becoming HW as her opportunity to go back and win all the fights she had lost over the years.

• Members

LOL at anyone trusting soaps.com I'm sorry but if you can't give sources then your not to be trusted unless you have good history.

Yeah, I hated Abby's line today about Jack not carrying about her A. Whoever wrote that should be fired.

• Administrator

Yup, here's the quote - Abby talking to Chad:

Me to the TV: "What the hell was that?" LOL

Yeah, totally agree. 'In The House' was so bad and then to cut out their wedding vows was just brutal.

• Members

Oh boy, now Carly is having sexual fantasies about Daniel? This can not end well

Why is Jennifer feeling like an ugly duckling? The woman is absolutely gorgeous. I loved her little dress. The colors were cute on her

Great preview. Cant wait to see more Nicole vs Taywhore.

I wonder if Stefano will start supporting EJ with Nicole now over Taywhore. He seemed to be annoyed with how Taywhore is changing and distracting EJ and thats directly affecting his business. With Nicole, she really doesnt care what he does as long as it doesnt affect her

• Members

I'm not one hundred percent positive, but I believe Carly changed her name legally to escape her life as Katerina. When she had amnesia, I believe she started calling herself Katerina again.

I don't know why this wasn't played sooner. The minute they revealed Daniel / Carly shared a child they should have been trying to build romantic tension, which would have made both Carly / Bo / Hope story more dynamic and this Jennifer / Daniel situation more dynamic. Purely speculation, I wonder if Carly / Daniel are going to get together because of Carly's illness. You know Abby isn't going to keep her mouth shut and either blab to her mother or to her new BFF Melanie that Carly is taking the meds.

While the writing was weak, I think the intention was Jennifer wasn't as glamorous as some of the other women in Daniel's life like opera star Chloe, European royalty Carly, or his late wife Rebecca. It did sound like Jennifer thought she was ugly, but that didn't make much sense. Jennifer is more the girl next door type rather than the over the top glamorous diva. I got what they were trying to do, but, like so much on this show, it was executed poorly.

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's SO true. Watch Ciara start smoking pot and doing lines of coke with Theo the next time he cheats on Hope.

We've always disagreed on Koslow, so it should come as no surprise that the other character we disagree on is Billie. Krista Allen was a HORRIBLE recast- Lisa Rinna had such personality as Billie and (LR's Billie) had such a big heart that no matter what she did, you felt sympathy for her. Julie Pinson was excellent as a stronger, more grown up Billie.

And while I do agree that Allen's strongest performances were during the heroin storyline, it was painful to watch, and not in a well written, Emmy worthy way either. Quite the opposite. Billie was strapped to a bed, needles being forced into her veins, sweating for weeks. The fact that most fans knew the actress was pregnant made it all the worse. The detox with Bo was just as painful. It also didn't help that she shared no chemistry with Reckell whatsoever.

The only thing I'll give you (and her) is that she did share a nice mother/daughter chemistry with Koslow, though it didn't even come close to eclipsing or even matching the chemistry shared by Deborah Adair (the real Kate Roberts) and Lisa Rinna.

:lol:

I can't even either. One of the worst recasts in DAYS history. Not only that, but her tenure trashed Billie forever. She was a molestation victim for God's sake! She was never a slut- she was even portrayed as having hangups about sex before Allen. Even Pinson's Billie, who I liked, still retained the slutty qualities that started with Allen. I never understood how a woman who was the victim of incest as a child could grow up and sleep with a barely legal Nick Fallon. :blink:

Disagree there too. I am by no means a Laura Wright fan, but even I can admit that she's a much stronger and more capable actress than Allen.

Krista is more on the Amelia Heinle level.

Oh goodness gracious! I've never disagreed with you as much as I do with what you're saying in this thread. I'm sorry, Nelson and the soap press be damned, Austin Peck didn't improve one bit on ATWT. He was his same old goofy, unintentional eye-rolling, surfer-dude enunciation self. ALL of Brad's stories bored me to tears and he didn't even come close to having the chemistry with Terri Conn and Trent Dawson that Mark Collier (:wub:) and Paul Leyden did! The only time I thought he was even passable was when he came back as a ghost and even that was mostly due to the fine acting of scene partner Trent Dawson.

As I've said here before, his uncle is a good friend of mine here in Orlando (and a DAYS fan as well) and it just so happens that I got the inside scoop on this yesterday.

FIXED! :P

I saw that and LOVED it as well, as I was thinking the same thing when Caroline was going off. I've hated that hypocritical old bag since the 80s!

I will say that it would have been nice had Marlena, John, or Wayne Northrop's Roman been around for this beat of the story. The scenes could've played on their history and been quite rich. Deidre especially would have packed an emotional wallop in scenes with Sweeney during all of this.

• Members

I have today off from work so I decided to check out the soaps, which I never have time for anymore. I watched the first half-hour of Y&R, and my god, what a trainwreck. Now watching DAYS and it is actually very decent. It's holding my interest well and I know who everyone is (whereas Y&R I was like, "who's that? who's that? who's that?")

Archived