OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

Yes, I think Jenny and Brad were divorced by the time she lived in the carriage house.  I do recall Brad and Jenny living in (I think) a duplex where Anna and Jim Craig were there next door neighbors.

I loved Edwina Lewis.  Margaret Klenck and Gerald Anthony were gold together. Marco always referred to her as Cookie.  Never cared for her pairing with Jeff Fahey's Gary.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Llandfair also had a family crypt, a pool with cabanas, and at least one secret room.

Of course it was mostly represented by the foyer and sitting room.  Although what was outside of the sitting room changed over time.  At one point it was gardens, I recall when Cousin Richard lived there that the pool was right outside of the sitting room and then when Ben fell out of the window of the sitting room it seemed to have moved to the second floor; but my memory is not as good as some.

• Members

There remains historical characters that I always conflate:

Melinda Cramer and Meredith Lord, both tragic sisters of main characters and I forget which one died all the time

Katrina and Edwina; it may be that they rhyme or that they were both introduced around the time of Vicky's trial for Marco's murder but I never remember the difference between those two.

• Members

Meredith Lord Wolek was Viki's fragile sister, married to Larry Wolek, who died young. Melinda Cramer was Dorian's neurotic sister who had to be placed in a mental hospital when she became unstable.

Edwina Lewis was an aggressive newspaper reporter who married Marco Dane. Katrina Karr was a prostitute friend of Karen Wolek's. Karen and Marco switched Katrina's living baby with Jenny's dead one, launching an engrossing, long-term storyline.

• Members

I always hated the tiny porch outside the library at Llanfair. I understand budget and studio limitations, but it always seemed odd to me that they would have a wall or trellis blocking their view of the rest of the yard. Dorian's house had that as well, I think. I also disliked that the library was the room opposite the front door, not a living or sitting room. It was pretty much a living room, but they called it the library. Phoebe's house on AMC did the same thing. 

I liked 80's Llanfair. I wish they would just have redecorated it, not completely changed the layout after the early 90's fire plot. 

• Members

Tony's parents were Victor Lord and Dorothy Randolph, Eugenia's sister, yes. The show had been building a potential story about Victor's illegitimate son for years, and he made his first appearance in 1975.

Gwendolyn Lord Abbott was a different character. She was Victor's sister, but had not mentioned before 1978. Neither had Richard been referenced. She lasted about a year in Llanview and after she left in 1979, was never seen again. 

• Members

Powell was supposedly the grandson of Victor Lord's never-seen, never-mentioned (before 1993) brother, Clayton Powell Lord Sr. 

Clayton Powell Lord, Jr. would be Viki's first cousin, and then the Powell we saw on the show in 1993, Powell III, would be...what? Viki's paternal first cousin once removed? I don't know. All these family retcons are too complicated and ridiculous for an ancient mind like mine! Suffice to say that Powell III was Victor Lord's brother's grandson.

Hope this helps.

• Members

Yes, and iirc, when Powell came to town, Viki asked how his dad was doing, referring to him as her "California cousin" (how The Colbys).

I really wish I could've seen Joan Copeland (Arthur Miller's sister) as aunt Gwendolyn.

@vetsoapfan Please share your memories and impressions of Dorian from Pinkerton, Malis, Strasser. I used to ask my mother questions and Malis was surprisingly void from her memory.  And my mom was a hardcore viewer. She did say that Dorian always presented as dark, dowdy under Pinkerton and the glam came with Strasser. I would later read in an interview that that change was Strasser's doing when she took the part and offered her opinions of the character. I think Strasser saw all the fun Looch was having playing a role she essentially created on AW and as she has said, made Dorian an older, richer version of her Rachel.

• Members

Can I digress and ask about the Tom Edwards character?

Joe Gallison was hired hot on the heels of a successful run on AW (written by Agnes Nixon).

Tom had amnesia. Was it hinted that he was Victor's son?

Was his true identity revealed?

How was Tom written out?

Thanks in advance.